Grades: PK-8 | 202 students
- St. John the Baptist Catholic School is a faith-centered community that promotes the development and growth of the whole child: spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically. We are committed to sharing our knowledge of God and the truths and traditions of the Church so that students will grow in their love of God and our Catholic faith.
- Our school community is committed to inspiring students to be life-long learners.
- We foster moral excellence and self-discipline in our students so they will become responsible contributors to our school, Church, and global community.
- We respect the value of each student and his/her diverse needs.
- As facilitators of learning, faculty and staff assist parents in their role as primary educators of their children.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Navy polo, Khaki pants, navy sweatshirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,294|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Football, Lacrosse, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Flag Football, Football,
Swimming, Track and Field,
- St. John the Baptist Catholic School is a family oriented faith community which is committed to fostering the spiritual, academic, physical, social, and moral abilities of our students who then actively demonstrate their learning in service to others.
Profile last updated: 01/29/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GladstoneGrades: K-8 | 162 students
1505 Rivergate School Rd
Gladstone, OR 97027
PortlandGrades: K-8 | 247 students
7414 SE Michael Drive
Portland, OR 97222
Oregon CityGrades: PK-12 | 264 students
19575 Sebastian Way
Oregon City, OR 97045
The dedication of the teachers and the small class size is hard to beat. The level of parent involvement in the school is incredible. The spring musical last year was a fabulous showcase. The new technology program this year is great. I love that every child gets a computer to use in the classroom. The families are all welcoming and it's a very tight community. I can't say enough good things about SJB. I am very happy with my decision.
- Posted by Parent - tammy
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.