Grades: PK-8 | 199 students
- Extending the mission of Jesus, St. John the Evangelist School provides a Catholic Education for children in Grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight in the Greater Watertown Area.
- The School maintains a spiritual atmosphere conducive to learning and academic excellence enabling our students to become moral and responsible citizens.
- Since late 1907, St. John School has provided Catholic education; that special vision of life and learning in relation to our Faith.
- Served by the School Sisters of Notre Dame and dedicated Lay personnel, we have provided Watertown area residents with a viable educational alternative.
- Our goal is to provide our students with a sense of community so they will grow into caring, concerned members of society.
- We value our students for their own worth and develop their potential to enrich their own and other's lives.
- We maintain a nurturing atmosphere conducive to learning and academic excellence, enhancing each student's self-concept, self discipline and maturity.The school provides educational service for grades Pre K-8th.
- Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and First Grade are located at "The Little School" which is located in the Convent Building next to Saint John the Evangelist Church.
- School for Grades 2-8 are located at "The Big School" on Main Street in Watertown.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewtownGrades: PK-8 | 436 students
40 Church Hill Road
Newtown, CT 06470
WaterburyGrades: K-4 | 3 students
Po Box 4790
Waterbury, CT 06704
WaterburyGrades: PK-8 | 217 students
386 Robinwood Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
SouthingtonGrades: K-6 | 171 students
1050 Flanders Rd
Southington, CT 06489
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.