Grades: K-9 | 248 students
- St. John the Evangelist School is a welcoming, caring community.
- The sense of community and the importance of serving others identify who we are.
- Beginning in preschool, the faculty and staff consciously teach our students the importance of imitating Christ by serving others as He did.
- Our school community reaches out to others in many ways to make them feel welcome.
- Our service-learning projects are central to this teaching process and help develop and maintain a culture of respect for all life.
- When asked what makes our school special, the immediate response is “the great community spirit of St. John the Evangelist School.”.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Silver SpringGrades: NS-3 | 180 students
10700 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902
3015 Upton Drive
Kensington, MD 20895
GaithersburgGrades: PK-12 | 288 students
7503 Muncaster Mill Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Garrett ParkGrades: K-8 | 196 students
Po Box 249
Garrett Park, MD 20896
RockvilleGrades: NS-K | 160 students
11810 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.