Grades: 9-12 | 825 students
- St. John's Preparatory School is a Catholic, co-educational, urban high school committed to teaching its students Catholic doctrine and values.
- We challenge and encourage our students to grow spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and morally.
- We strive to foster a Christian community by teaching our students that they must love themselves, others and God.
- We encourage our students to develop a sense of responsibility that addresses themselves, their families, their school and the needs of the world beyond the school.
- St. John's Preparatory School is committed to educating an academically, ethnically, socially and racially mixed student body which mirrors the diversity of New York City.
- We promote the development of our students' unique talents through our comprehensive academic and extracurricular programs.
- We foster a deep sense of respect and appreciation in our students for the uniqueness and talents of others.
- We challenge our students to recognize God and each other.
- St. John's Preparatory School intends that the religious, moral, academic, social, physical and creative opportunities offered to our students will help prepare them for the many challenges of life.
- It is our belief that a St. John's Preparatory School education will give our students a strong foundation as they work to build the City of God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||825 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Middle VillageGrades: 9-12 | 920 students
6802 Metropolitan Ave
Middle Village, NY 11379
NewarkGrades: 7-12 | 558 students
520 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Newark, NJ 07102
JamaicaGrades: 9-12 | 1529 students
8353 Manton St
Jamaica, NY 11435
Fresh MeadowsGrades: 9-12 | 2600 students
6100 Francis Lewis Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
FlushingGrades: 9-12 | 940 students
26-20 Francis Lewis Blvd
Flushing, NY 11358
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.