Grades: PK-6 | 379 students
LEARNING. CHARACTER. FAITH. For over sixty years, SJS has provided children, preschool through sixth grade, the opportunity to become critical thinkers, problem solvers, and innovative leaders. Our program is designed to nurture life-long learners by developing academic excellence, personal integrity, intellectual curiosity, old-fashioned values, and proactive, compassionate service.
State of the art technology in the classroom Leadership opportunities Diverse enrichment experiences Financial assistance available Expanded preschool and wrap around care Community outreach GO BEYOND THE ORDINARY. VISIT SAINT JOSEPH SCHOOL.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,850|
|Tuition Notes||financial assistance available|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Indoor Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBadminton, Basketball,
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Indoor Soccer, Softball,
- It starts with academic excellence in an environment that teaches each student to go beyond the ordinary. Our graduates consistently receive the highest rankings in high school and beyond. Our school is fully accredited by the state of New York, and students receive standardized test scores that are consistently higher than national and diocesan averages.
- The true value of our education goes far beyond core academic learning in English, language arts, mathematics and science. Dedicated to the moral and educational development of every child, our teachers strive to nurture our students` academic and personal best.
- When you send your child to SJS, your family becomes members of a special community. Like your children, your family will be enriched by being a part of this community. We are empowering today`s children to tackle tomorrow`s world with ethics, wisdom, empathy and respect.
- We teach the whole student in an enriching environment that embraces respect, responsibility, and community through exploration and discovery.
- SJS consists of a two-story facility, that houses a gymnasium, a gross motor skill room, specialty instruction classrooms for music, art, and more. A playground, recently renovated library, computer lab, and enclosed access to the St. Joseph`s Learning Center make it a convenient and well-utilized campus.
- During the school day, students of all ages have multiple opportunities to participate in classes such as physical education, computer lab, art, and music.
- With an extraordinary staff dedicated to teaching, nurturing, and caring for your children, our teachers continue to expand the classroom experience with a wide variety of supporting activities. All of our faculty members hold a Master`s degree or higher with New York State Certification.
- Offering a fuller and more meaningful learning experience, enrichment programs encompass such areas as Scouting, chess, baking and cooking, golf, foreign languages, exercise, gardening, bocce, dance, badminton, children`s choir, karate, arts and crafts, CYO sports, and many others.
- Private and group lessons are available for a variety of musical instruments, including strings, winds, and percussion.
- We welcome and encourage family participation in the classroom. Families are an integral part of school life. Parents, grandparents, and extended family make a difference by volunteering in our classrooms, enrichment programs, service projects and committees. All are welcome.
- Our After School Care Program for students through K-6 is supervised and organized by dedicated and experienced staff members. The program incorporates indoor/outdoor exercise, nutritious snacks, quiet supervised homework areas, and opportunities for students to interact with their friends.
- We offer Financial Aid assistance to eligible families and a Reduced Tuition Program for Multiple Students is now available for students in grades K through 6.
Profile last updated: 01/31/2016
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PenfieldGrades: K-12 | 302 students
2070 Five Mile Line Road
Penfield, NY 14526
PenfieldGrades: PK-K | 146 students
1862 Penfield Rd
Penfield, NY 14526
1606 Penfield Rd.
Rochester, NY 14625
RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 205 students
100 Golden Flyer Dr
Rochester, NY 14618
RochesterGrades: K-8 | 80 students
2505 Browncroft Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14625