Grades: K-8 | 225 students
- St. Joseph Catholic School is a Roman Catholic school of the San Jose Diocese provides instruction to over 300 students in Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
- We commit ourselves to educating the whole child in an environment where spiritual growth, academic excellence and an appreciation of multicultural values are fostered.
- We, at St. Joseph Catholic School, acknowledging parents as the primary educators, are dedicated to guiding students toward a life centered in Jesus Christ.
- St. Joseph Catholic School assists students in achieving Christian maturity, enabling them to become more responsible for their own lives and more caring of others.
- We, therefore, in partnership with the parents and as facilitators of learning, commit ourselves to educating the whole child in an environment where spiritual growth, academic excellence and an appreciation of multicultural values are fostered.
- Psychological, social, emotional and physical growth support and augment our commitment to educating the whole child.
- Teaching is based on the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church that aims to instill respect, integrity, social justice and the acceptance of everyone in the community.
- To this end St. Joseph Catholic School seeks to foster and deepen relationships among families, the parish and the global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Mountain ViewGrades: PK-8 | 152 students
310 Easy St
Mountain View, CA 94043
Mountain ViewGrades: KG-5 | 74 students
1425 S Springer Rd
Mountain View, CA 94040
Los AltosGrades: K-6 | 96 students
101 North El Monte Road
Los Altos, CA 94022
Mountain ViewGrades: PK-KG | 6 students
1075 El Monte Ave
Mountain View, CA 94040
Mountain ViewGrades: 9-12 | 150 students
360 S Shoreline Blvd
Mountain View, CA 94041
Our children have been attending St. Joseph Elementary for 4 years now. We are so happy to have found this school. It has the best community of children, parents, and staff. Living in Silicon Valley it's hard to find such a special, friendly, and loving group of people. Academically they have been challenged and I've watched them become independent and responsible for their grades. I love the comaraderie that the children have with each other from kinder through 8th. After visiting many schools in the area nothing compared to the overall sense of community offered at SJMV.
- Posted by Parent - lavin
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.