Grades: 9-12 | 994 students
The mission of Saint Joseph's Prep as a Catholic, Jesuit, urban, college preparatory school is to develop the minds, hearts, souls, and characters of young men in their pursuit of becoming men for and with others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||994 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||83 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1854|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Coat & Tie)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,600|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,375|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Jason Zazyczny '90|
|Admissions Associate||Mr. Brian McCloskey '91|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Cycling, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Lacrosse, Rugby, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Cycling,
Football, Freestyle Skiing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Asian Culture, Band, Black and Latino Culture Club, Cape and Sword Drama Society, Chess, Christus Choir, Classics, Community Service Corps, Computers, Environmental Action, Forensics, Intramurals, Italian Culture Club, Juggling, Language, Library, Martial Arts, Mathletes, Mock Trial, Model UN/OAS, National Honor Society, Philosophy Discussion, Photography, Respect Life, Retreats, Robotics, Science, Spirit, Student Council, Student Literary Magazine, Student Newspaper, Students Against Destructive Decisions Asian Culture, Band, Chess, Christus Choir, Classics, Computers, Forensics, Intramurals, Juggling, Language, Library, Martial Arts, Mathletes, Mock Trial, Model UN/OAS, Photography, Respect Life, Retreats, Robotics, Science, Spirit, Black and Latino Culture Club,
Cape and Sword Drama Society,
Community Service Corps,
Italian Culture Club,
National Honor Society,
Student Literary Magazine,
Students Against Destructive Decisions,
- In order to graduate from Saint Joseph's Preparatory School, a student must earn a minimum of 26 academic credits as outlined below, satisfy the State of Pennsylvania requirement for physical education and fulfill community service requirements through our Ignatian Service Program.
- Once students pass the basic course requirements, they are encouraged to expand on their achievements through Advanced Placement courses and explore an exciting range of electives. Students interested in language and literature may choose from Courses like Personal Writing, Censorship, or Elements of Drama. Journalism students produce their own newspaper, The Nose, in cooperation with The Philadelphia Inquirer. Students serious about science may choose to expand their computer expertise, take Advanced Placement courses, or experience field research in an Environmental Science class. Elective art courses include sculpture, painting, ceramics and illustration.
- Advanced Placement courses are offered in 15 areas of study including history, English, science, Latin, mathematics, computer science and psychology. Many of The Prep's AP students receive college credit as a result of their performance in the Advanced Placement Examinations.
- Honors courses are offered in 19 areas of study including modern language, mathematics, classics, and science.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HaverfordGrades: PK-12 | 981 students
450 Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 19041
Bryn MawrGrades: PK-12 | 560 students
701 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
WynnewoodGrades: PK-12 | 890 students
1101 City Ave
Wynnewood, PA 19096
MalvernGrades: 6-12 | 646 students
418 S. Warren Avenue
Malvern, PA 19355
SpringfieldGrades: 9-12 | 1386 students
1701 S Sproul Rd
Springfield, PA 19064
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.