Grades: PK-8 | 533 students
- Founded in the 1850's, St. Joseph School educates children Pre-k through 8th grade in the Catholic tradition.
- Our mission is to provide a positive learning environment in which every child is challenged to develop their potential: academically, spiritually, and morally.
- St Joseph incorporates the Course of Study developed and approved by the Division of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Baltimore, the National Standards for Education, and the Maryland State Department of Education.
- St Joseph students excel in a challenging environment, consistently scoring above average on both Archdiocesan and national standardized tests.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||533 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- St Joseph School recognizes the importance of educating today's learners. Best practices accompanied by state of the art technology enhance student understanding of fundamental skills. Technology allows students to apply their knowledge and skills in a variety of medium across all subject areas. A strong language arts program incorporates phonices, literature, grammar, spelling, writing, vocabulary development and reading. Math enrichment classes, including algebra, are offered in Grades 6-8. Reading specialists, math tutors, speech therapists, a full-time registered nurse and counselors are available.
Profile last updated: 08/25/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NottinghamGrades: PK-5 | 98 students
7910 Belair Rd
Nottingham, MD 21236
BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 391 students
5407 Loch Raven Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21239
TowsonGrades: PK-8 | 494 students
8501 Loch Raven Blvd
Towson, MD 21286
ElkridgeGrades: PK-8 | 278 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
RosedaleGrades: PK-12 | 442 students
9202 Philadelphia Rd
Rosedale, MD 21237
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.