Grades: PK-8 | 533 students
- Founded in the 1850's, St. Joseph School educates children Pre-k through 8th grade in the Catholic tradition.
- Our mission is to provide a positive learning environment in which every child is challenged to develop their potential: academically, spiritually, and morally.
- St Joseph incorporates the Course of Study developed and approved by the Division of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Baltimore, the National Standards for Education, and the Maryland State Department of Education.
- St Joseph students excel in a challenging environment, consistently scoring above average on both Archdiocesan and national standardized tests.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||533 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- St Joseph School recognizes the importance of educating today's learners. Best practices accompanied by state of the art technology enhance student understanding of fundamental skills. Technology allows students to apply their knowledge and skills in a variety of medium across all subject areas. A strong language arts program incorporates phonices, literature, grammar, spelling, writing, vocabulary development and reading. Math enrichment classes, including algebra, are offered in Grades 6-8. Reading specialists, math tutors, speech therapists, a full-time registered nurse and counselors are available.
Profile last updated: 08/25/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NottinghamGrades: PK-5 | 98 students
7910 Belair Rd
Nottingham, MD 21236
BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 391 students
5407 Loch Raven Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21239
BaltimoreGrades: K-8 | 87 students
4815 Hamilton Ave
Baltimore, MD 21206
Owings MillsGrades: KG-12 | 1305 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
RosedaleGrades: PK-12 | 442 students
9202 Philadelphia Rd
Rosedale, MD 21237
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.