Grades: K-8 | 591 students
St. Joseph Catholic School exists to foster four basic purpose of Catholic education: the teaching of Catholic Doctrine, the teaching of academic, the building of community, and the witnessing of Christ by service to others.
At St. Joseph School both children and adults strive to uphold the dignity of all human life.
We believe that every human is a unique creation of God, made in his image and likeness.
Here all are committed to the total growth and development of each child.
They look to foster the children's intellectual process as well as their spiritual, emotional, social, and physical maturity.
St. Joseph School believes that each of these areas is interconnected and that each must be given adequate attention and encouragement for the complete education of its students.
To accomplish these goals, the school must provide a safe and nurturing enviornemnt where the staff utilizes multiple techniques and strategies to further the students' academic and spiritual growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Battle of the Books, Boy Scouts, CYO Basketball, CYO Cheerleading, CYO Tennis, CYO Track and Field, Chime Choir, Choir, Girl Scouts, Math Club, National Junior Honor Society, Oratorical Club, Robotics, Student Council, Volleyball, interact/Rotary Club Altar Servers, Band, Boy Scouts, CYO Basketball, CYO Tennis, Chime Choir, Choir, Girl Scouts, Math Club, Robotics, Volleyball, Battle of the Books,
CYO Track and Field,
National Junior Honor Society,
- Passes on the faith by word and example.....
- Christ-filled environment for learning,
- Catholic doctrine,
- Opportunities for service,
- Daily prayer,
- Weekly student Mass,
- Sacramental instruction,
- Altar Servers
- Fosters intellectual progress.....
- Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award,
- Composite scores in the top 10% of the nation on the Terra Nova Standardized Test,
- Accreditation by the Virginia Catholic Education Association,
- Curriculum set forth by the Arlington Diocese,
- World Language - Spanish,
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Honors Algebra,
- Physical Education, Computers, Library, Art, and Music
- Provides a safe setting.....
- Modernized, expanded campus,
- High-tech security system,
- Contemporary playground,
- Interactive whiteboards in every classroom,
- Enhanced media center,
- Fully equipped science lab,
- State-of-the-art computer lab,
- Fine arts activities rooms,
- High school regulation gymnasium
- Encourages Family Involvement.....
- Volunteer Opportunities,
- Parent Teacher Organization,
- Community events
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AshburnGrades: K-8 | 449 students
21370 St Theresa Ln
Ashburn, VA 20147
RestonGrades: PK-6 | 172 students
11180 Ridge Heights Rd
Reston, VA 20191
KearneysvilleGrades: PK-8 | 178 students
449 Rose Hill Drive
Kearneysville, WV 25430
AshburnGrades: PK-8 | 406 students
21673 Beaumeade Circle, Suite 600
Ashburn, VA 20147
13525 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171