Grades: K-8 | 211 students
- St. Joseph School is a Catholic elementary school whose primary goal is to provide an environment which meets the needs of our students' physical, psychological, social, and spiritual development while promoting academic achievement and excellence.
- We believe the Catholic school's mission is to cultivate knowledge of God through participation and accessibility to liturgy and the sacraments.
- It is our belief that each child is created uniquely with special gifts.
- Aware of teaching and learning styles, we provide opportunities for varied learning experiences and creative expression that free the learner to develop his potential.
- We place strong emphasis on the students' moral and spiritual growth in Catholic principles, doctrines, and Gospel values.
- We provide a curriculum that is conducive to the development of the child as a responsible member of the church and community in which he lives.
- We acknowledge the role of the parent/guardian as the primary educator and catechist of the child.
- As educational partners with parents, we depend on cooperation, support, and communication between family and school.
- The students are expected to responsibly participate in the learning process appropriate to their developmental levels.
- If a student does not or cannot meet reasonable expectations, we provide guidance and explore appropriate alternatives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FlossmoorGrades: PK-8 | 471 students
1101 Douglas Ave
Flossmoor, IL 60422
HammondGrades: 1-12 | 304 students
4925 Sohl Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
HammondGrades: PK-8 | 194 students
5935 Hohman Ave
Hammond, IN 46320
Chicago HeightsGrades: PK-K | 203 students
699 8th St
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
South HollandGrades: PK-8 | 145 students
900 E. 154 th
South Holland, IL 60473
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.