Grades: K-8 | 211 students
- St. Joseph School is a Catholic elementary school whose primary goal is to provide an environment which meets the needs of our students' physical, psychological, social, and spiritual development while promoting academic achievement and excellence.
- We believe the Catholic school's mission is to cultivate knowledge of God through participation and accessibility to liturgy and the sacraments.
- It is our belief that each child is created uniquely with special gifts.
- Aware of teaching and learning styles, we provide opportunities for varied learning experiences and creative expression that free the learner to develop his potential.
- We place strong emphasis on the students' moral and spiritual growth in Catholic principles, doctrines, and Gospel values.
- We provide a curriculum that is conducive to the development of the child as a responsible member of the church and community in which he lives.
- We acknowledge the role of the parent/guardian as the primary educator and catechist of the child.
- As educational partners with parents, we depend on cooperation, support, and communication between family and school.
- The students are expected to responsibly participate in the learning process appropriate to their developmental levels.
- If a student does not or cannot meet reasonable expectations, we provide guidance and explore appropriate alternatives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FlossmoorGrades: PK-8 | 471 students
1101 Douglas Ave
Flossmoor, IL 60422
HammondGrades: 1-12 | 304 students
4925 Sohl Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
HammondGrades: PK-8 | 194 students
5935 Hohman Ave
Hammond, IN 46320
Oak ForestGrades: PK-8 | 573 students
5300 W 155th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452
LansingGrades: K-9 | 151 students
18100 Wentworth Ave
Lansing, IL 60438
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.