Grades: PK-8 | 311 students
- St. Joseph the Worker is a Catholic parish school in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- The Saint Joseph the Worker School community has a value-centered education committed to the threefold ministry of the Church: love, service, and witness.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children; the faculty and staff collaborate with them in educating our students spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically, and aesthetically.
- We affirm that each child is unique, and, with dignity and respect, we guide each student to attain his/her fullest potential.
- We are committed to nuturing a community who encourages understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity.
- While celebrating our diversity, we define ourselves as members of one Body, the Body of Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||30 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,750|
|Tuition Notes||Non-parish member rate is $3750/year; parish member rate is $3200/year. Please call the office at 818.341.6616 to inquire about tuition rates for more than one child per family to attend.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sr. Barbara Joseph Wilson, CSJ|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Cynthia Coffman|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Chess Club, Choir Academic Team, Chess Club, Choir,|
- Fully credentialed by WASC and NCEA
- Before- and after-school day care offered
- Students consistently overachieve on national standardized tests (based on the difference between their tested ability and their actual test scores)
- Each homeroom has a teacher's aide
- Full-time, fully credentialed librarian with a well-stocked, accessible library
- Full-time computer teacher
- Caring, safe, inclusive atmosphere
Profile last updated: 09/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Woodland HillsGrades: KG-8 | 314 students
6061 Valley Circle Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Canoga ParkGrades: K-8 | 181 students
22041 Gault St
Canoga Park, CA 91303
Van NuysGrades: KG-8 | 239 students
7120 Whitaker Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406
ResedaGrades: PK-8 | 239 students
18125 Sherman Way
Reseda, CA 91335
Canoga ParkGrades: PK-K | 65 students
7839 Topanga Canyon Blvd
Canoga Park, CA 91304
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.