Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
- St. Joseph Elementary School is the oldest, continually operational Catholic elementary school in the City of Buffalo.
- St. Joseph School opened its doors in 1849 as a German school.
- Our mission is to provide the highest quality Catholic education possible, in an atmosphere of worship, warmth, and wisdom; and to instill the values of living Christ's word, sharing his word, and loving all without exception.
- We believe education is the means through which children are guided in their life-long quest of becoming responsible members of our world community.
- Such a pursuit involves, on our part, the earnest endeavor to discover and cultivate the individual talents of each child and the sincere effort to develop a healthy self esteem which is the basis of ultimate respect for humanity and the world.
- We believe we can attain this end most effectively by communicating the message of Jesus, not only by word, but also by example, thus creating a genuine faith community in which both students and staff can grow in wisdom and grace.
- Since love of neighbor is the touchstone of a truly Christian life, we will encourage students to engage in service outside the school community, thus carrying the gospel message to others more effectively.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BuffaloGrades: K-8 | 384 students
399 Woodward Ave
Buffalo, NY 14214
DepewGrades: PK | 192 students
2049 George Urban Blvd.
Depew, NY 14043
BuffaloGrades: PK-8 | 204 students
903 Sweet Home Road
Buffalo, NY 14226
BuffaloGrades: K-12 | 362 students
39 Academy St
Buffalo, NY 14221
BuffaloGrades: PK-8 | 148 students
1988 Clinton Street
Buffalo, NY 14206
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.