Grades: NS-8 | 280 students
- Saint Leo the Great Catholic School, a ministry of Saint Leo the Great Catholic Parish, is a Pre-K through 8th grade school dedicated to providing a nurturing and safe environment that educates the whole child: spiritually, academically, physically, and emotionally.
- We provide a community that strengthens Catholic Identity through prayer, worship, and service to all.
- We offer an academically rigorous curriculum, promoting self-motivated learning, and preparing students for the challenges of the 21st Century.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniform requirements on Merry Mart Uniforms website - http://www.merrymartuniforms.com/)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,384|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Pre-K is $8.487. Discount rates apply to multiple students, but does not affect the PreK rate.|
|Admissions Director||Cathy Torrisi|
|Admissions Associate||Meredith Somavia|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Cheerleading, Choir, Drama, Mouse Club, Robotics, S.P.I.R.I.T. Squad, Student Council (Middle School) Altar Servers, Cheerleading, Choir, Drama, Mouse Club, Robotics, S.P.I.R.I.T. Squad,
Student Council (Middle School),
- PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT
- "Christian, recognize your dignity-" Pope St. Leo the Great
- Saint Leo the Great Catholic School is committed to fostering the Roman Catholic faith embodied by the wisdom, charity and courage of Saint Leo the Great. Grounded in prayer, virtues, Gospel values, living out our faith, and celebrating Liturgy and the Sacraments, our students become respectful, faith-filled learners who believe in the dignity of the human person gifted to us by God. Our Catholic Identity inspires our students to serve the parish, local, and global communities by exploring and modeling the teachings of Jesus Christ.We are committed to the following beliefs:
- Acknowledging the family as the first and foremost significant educator.
- Working together in partnership with the family to educate the whole child: spirit, mind, and body.
- Promoting and validating each child`s individual uniqueness in God`s eyes.
- Providing a safe, nurturing, and secure environment.
- Facilitating academic excellence through critical thinking, project-based learning, and technological competence.
- Enabling students to communicate and succeed using 21st Century skills in becoming lifelong learners.
- In conclusion, we believe that by being called to recognize our Catholic Christian dignity, we fulfill our baptismal promises in our mission as disciples and followers of Jesus Christ.
- MISSION STATEMENT
- Saint Leo the Great Catholic School, a ministry of Saint Leo the Great Catholic Parish, is a Pre-K through 8th grade school dedicated to providing a nurturing and safe environment that educates the whole child: spiritually, academically, physically, and emotionally. We provide a community that strengthens Catholic Identity through prayer, worship, and service to all. We offer an academically rigorous curriculum, promoting self-motivated learning, and preparing students for the challenges of the 21st Century.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SunnyvaleGrades: NS-8 | 194 students
195 Leota Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
San JoseGrades: PK-8 | 348 students
300 O'Connor Drive
San Jose, CA 95128
Santa ClaraGrades: KG-8 | 298 students
725 Washington St
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Saint Leo the Great in San Jose has been a great choice for our family! Lots of Silicon Valley tech types that have fostered a great community of learners. My kids have their own school email address and ability to log into Google Docs at home to access all their school work and communicate with their teachers. St Leo has lots of after school activities from athletics (football, volleyball, basketball, track and softball), theatre (Seussical Jr play @ San Pedro Square theatre), Odyssey of the Mind, Art, Band, Choir, Chess, Writer's Ink, etc. They have a 4 year old PreK/TK Kindergarten readiness program. I''m most impressed with the expertise on staff. 5th grade teacher Mrs Morallos posts her math lessons online as homework (Kahn Academy style) and then works with the kids at school doing the worksheets. It has really accelerated how much math my child has learned in a short period of time (he can rewind the lesson each night and do the practice problem in preparation for the day's work). The school has 3 dedicated math teachers, 2 Spanish teachers, 2 PE teachers and a host of resource staff.
- Posted by Parent - sinou
Worth checking out. Outstanding staff and tech program. Coming up on their 100th anniversary. Cool Middlebrook Garden program for earth sciences. Good foundation for private high schools.
- Posted by Parent - steve
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.