- St. Louis de Montfort Academy is an independent boarding school for boys, encompassing grades 7 through 12.
- Founded in 1995, it is staffed by full-time volunteers of the American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property (TFP)(www.tfp.org).
- Prof. Plinio Correa de Oliveira, the great Catholic thinker, man of action, and inspirer of the various TFPs around the world, had a big influence on the founding of the Academy.
- His book Revolution and Counter-Revolution contains many of the principles and historic perspectives taught at the Academy.
- In addition, the Academy seeks to put these ideals into action by the formation of young men who are profoundly attached to their Catholic Faith and culture and disposed to defend them by word and example.
- St. Louis de Montfort Academy seeks to provide a solid academic foundation, where Catholic culture and civilization are emphasized.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||American Literature, Advanced Math, Chemistry|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Blue blazer, grey slacks, red tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We do not post tuition because we want to attract those who are interested in the formation we offer more than the low tuition cost.|
|Admissions Director||Ted J. Huerena|
- St. Louis de Montfort Academy is not a reform school, but rather an independent Catholic boarding school for boys from conservative and Catholic traditional backgrounds.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Port TrevortonGrades: 1-8 | 21 students
5141 Produce Rd
Port Trevorton, PA 17864
SelinsgroveGrades: 3-11 | 21 students
50 Gospel Way
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
GratzGrades: PK-12 | 28 students
6297 Lykens Valley Road
Gratz, PA 17030
LykensGrades: 1-8 | 30 students
Lykens, PA 17048
Mount Pleasant MillsGrades: 1-8 | 32 students
1860 Pine Swamp Rd
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA 17853
All five of my sons attended St. Louis De Montfort Academy. I cannot adequately express the gratitude of my wife and I for the education, character and religious formation my sons received there. So many parents try to raise their children the right way and then one day their children leave the faith. St. Louis De Montfort Academy did such an excellent job of instilling Catholic values as well as religious zeal that all of our sons are faithful and zealous practitioners of their faith. One of my sons liked his experiences there so much that he ended up returning as an instructor. St. Louis De Montfort Academy is comprised of staff who are incredibly dedicated to the formation of youth.I once spoke to a priest who oversaw the religious program that the Academy uses (Seton). He told me in person that he used the papers submitted by the Academy Students to be the high water mark for essays because they were so excellent.Besides academics, even more importantly is the character formation. Students learn to live a chivalrous life, with faith, courtesy, respect, and the willingness to defend their faith with good apologetics training and action.If you want your son to receive an excellent faith experience, religious, educational and cultural formation then St. Louis De Montfort is worth considering.
- Posted by Parent - Francis