Grades: K-8 | 190 students
- Saint Luke School offers a rich learning environment, supported by a community of families dedicated to providing the highest quality Catholic education to their children.
- At Saint Luke School, we believe that each one of us has special gifts.
- Our teaching philosophy is to focus on helping each child to realize the full potential of their unique gifts, and to recognize the talents and gifts of others.
- Since its founding in 1962, the mission of Saint Luke School is to provide an excellent Catholic education to children in the Northern Virginia area.
- We understand that our mission is to empower our students to meet the ever changing demands and challenges of a changing world.
- We do this by affording them the means to achieve spiritual, intellectual, personal, social and physical development according to the teachings of the Gospel.
- We are devoted to educating responsible, moral young students so that they will continue to “Grow in grace and wisdom.”.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2014|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ArlingtonGrades: 9-12 | 1175 students
6600 Little Falls Rd
Arlington, VA 22213
McleanGrades: PK-8 | 276 students
6422 Linway Ter
Mclean, VA 22101
WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 490 students
1524 35th St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
Our children have attended St. Luke School for 3 years now, and we couldn`t be happier. The school balances strong academics with additional classes such as Art (terrific teacher & artist), Technology, and Foreign Language. The Foreign Language offering is particularly special, because K-8th grade students all have foreign language (Spanish &/or French) incorporated into the curriculum (it is not an elective). The school hosts periodic social events (Back-to-School BBQ, Ice-Skating & Spring Picnic) to foster community. The close partnership between The Parish and the School have a close partnership, which enables families to participate in other community events, such as the Parish Fall Family Picnic and Parish/School Christmas Party. We feel our children are receiving a well-rounded education, academically and spiritually.
- Posted by Parent - meral
Our children have been at St.Luke for the second school year . We moved to McLean because we wanted out children to attend this particular school. Our children love the teachers, the staff and Mr. Silvano, the school Principal. We strongly recommend any parents and their children to visit the school and talk to teachers and students. We believe our children have been getting valuable education and building strong relationship with their teachers and friends at school. CYO basketball has been a well run program. The summer robotics camp is an excellent summer program as well.
- Posted by Parent - rylic
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.