Grades: K-8 | 182 students
- St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic School provides students with a strong academic and Catholic faith foundation.
- Our goal is to teach young people to integrate Christian values into all aspects of life.
- We provide students with educational and social skills needed to be active, productive members of the Church and community.
- We endeavor to graduate young adults who are effective witnesses to the presence of Christ in the world.
- We, the community of St. Luke School, embrace our mission of helping our students to learn the messages of Jesus Christ through the experiences of worship, community and service.
- We strive to build a Catholic Christian foundation that will ground them in Christ throughout their lives, thus enabling them to spread the Good News.
- We seek to promote the holistic growth of each child.
- While always striving for academic excellence, we recognize that each child is a unique individual.
- We provide varied learning experiences in order to encompass the diverse learning styles, creativity and physical development of our students.
- We recognize that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- We join together with them to foster the academic and spiritual education of our students.
- This enables faculty, parents and students to work together as one to create a harmonious learning experience in our St. Luke Community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, Graphic Design/Yearbook, Liturgy Committee, Robotics Team, Speech and Debate, Student Council Robotics Team, Academic Decathlon,
Speech and Debate,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San GabrielGrades: PK-11 | 48 students
6948 N. Rosemead Bl.
San Gabriel, CA 91775
ArcadiaGrades: 9-12 | 129 students
41 W Santa Clara Street
Arcadia, CA 91007
Sierra MadreGrades: KG-8 | 169 students
192 N Baldwin Ave
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
San GabrielGrades: KG-12 | 486 students
8827 E Broadway
San Gabriel, CA 91776
ArcadiaGrades: PK-8 | 300 students
360 Campus Dr
Arcadia, CA 91007
I have 2 children attending this school and we have been a school family for 3 years. St. Luke provides strong academic programs as well as sports programs and various extra curricular activities. The children are taught with a strong faith filled foundation. The sense of family and community is unsurpassed, parents are encouraged to be involved and partner with teachers and school administrators to ensure the academic success of all of the students. Teachers are all top notch and truly care about all of the children and the network of parents ensure the children have a strong sense of security and and confidence. The campus is beautful, well maintained and super secure. The student population is wonderful. As a parent to see how much the older students love and care for the little ones is amazing. The priests are also very invloved and the parish and school have a wonderful partnership. We couldn't ask for a better school for my children, we can't imagine going to school anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - wfgir
. Student involvement strengthens the connection to the community as a whole, caring for each other & their school. Entrusting children to St. Luke is a choice made knowing our children will be afforded the values we advocate including their religious, academic & social development. Family involvement in school & Church activities shows our children that we are part of a whole. Academics are strong & can be attributed to the dedication of the teachers & our family's commitment to maintain homework, reading and extracurricular learning a priority.
- Posted by Parent - saman
St. Luke's School has been everything that we could have hoped for when we enrolled our son this year. The faculty is amazing and could not ask for a better staff to provide our child with an educational environment that coincides with our faith.
- Posted by Parent - olive
Our son have attended this wonderful school since he was in Kindergarten. This school provides rigorous programs. Teachers carefully pay attention for their students all day long. You will be constantly notified what happen with your children such as: academic progress, morality, psychology, health ...etc. Because all greatest high quality teachers allways concern about your children futures. School is taken care by great experience Priest, Principle and staffs. If anything appear that go wrong, it will be quickly discovered and fixed it. Music, modern plus classic arts are provided with greatest care and performance by very high quality professonal teacher! Beside 2 times per week for P.E meeting, the high qualified and good morality Coaches will train the soccer team and basket ball team. Many athletic and academic awards earned by our children already. My son successfully becomes a great kid that we are proud of great responsibility, organized, good morality, high grades and healthy. This school is safe place with beautiful gated walls, security doors, cameras with cozy and clean rooms. If you want to looking for the greatest school for your precious children, come to Open House this January 26th, 2013 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm for futher assistant and full fill your discovering.
- Posted by Parent - ttt98
St. Luke offered our family the chance for an integrated life where school, the practice of faith, the extra curricular life of my son, who his friends are, who my friends have become and the experiences we share together can all become part of a whole world that will have a lifetime of memories!
- Posted by Parent - Kmemb
My son in the second grade and I loves it. Teachers are loving, caring and I really feel like part of a team working as one. The Principal is great and so is the staff. We are very blessed finding St. Luke and could not ask for a more well rounded school for my child.
- Posted by Parent - danny
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.