Grades: K-11 | 114 students
- Saint Margaret’s School provides a strong classical curriculum in the areas of academic, aesthetic, social, moral, spiritual and physical in the important formation of the whole child.
- Saint Margaret’s School is family oriented in the belief that the family is the first and most important educator of their children and that the school exists to support the family’s endeavor to form each child as a citizen of this world and of the next, most important world.
- The students then go to their roomy, cheerful classrooms for religion class followed by the language arts classes of reading, English, spelling and vocabulary.
- Math, science and social studies, Spanish and Latin make up the other core classes.
- In the afternoon the children participate in the continuation of the core subjects and the enrichment classes of art, music, PE, library, and computers.
- A classical curriculum calls for memory work which is one of the strengths of a young student.
- Saint Margaret’s students undertake the challenge of memorizing poetry, psalms, Biblical quotations, important literature, math facts and other material.
- The students are encouraged to read the great classics.
- The students in grades 3-5 are invited to participate in the Great Books Program whereby they read one of the assigned stories outside of class and then meet to discuss the story.
- In the fall the students enjoy playing volleyball in a volleyball league.
- Later they can join the basketball team and in the spring, participate in track.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-11|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RivertonGrades: PK-8 | 100 students
419 E Park Ave
Riverton, WY 82501
RivertonGrades: PK-K | 114 students
1014 N 8th St W
Riverton, WY 82501
LanderGrades: K-9 | 43 students
875 Fremont St
Lander, WY 82520
ThermopolisGrades: 1-7 | 15 students
Po Box 112
Thermopolis, WY 82443
WorlandGrades: 8-12 | 59 students
1550 Us Highway 20 S
Worland, WY 82401
Great atmosphere and staff My daughter seems to thrive with the one on one attention she sometimes needs and takes great pleasure in the group lessons as well. The teachers have a very effective system of directing the kids towards good behavoir and kindness. They also do a wonerful job running fundraisers with parent volunteers to keep the school affordable.
- Posted by Parent - Stef
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.