Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
- St. Mark School is a private elementary (PreK-Grade 8) Roman Catholic School in Stratford, CT. St. Mark School has been recognized by the US Department of Education as a National Blue Ribbon School of Academic Excellence.
- Our academic program encompasses Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight. The expectations and challenges of our curriculum prepare our students for the moral, intellectual, social, technological and physical demands of today's society. Rooted in Gospel values and committed to the highest standardsof academic excellence, our teachers dedicate themselves to providing our students with comprehensive, challenging, education.
- Teachers provide students with the knowledge and tools that are necessary to reach their potiential as young adults.
- Christian values and moral prinicples are not only taught and modeled by our teachers. St. Mark School is blessed with an active and supportive parent community.
- Parent involvement in the school exemplifies a strong commitment to Catholic education and contributes to the success and excellence of our school.
- Whether serving pancakes, designing flyers, or coordinating school events, parent volunteers are valued and greatly appreciated!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra 1 and Spanish I|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Blue slacks/Plaid jumper or skirt/white shirt or blouse/boys wear ties)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance Available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Theresa Sciallo|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports OnlyBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Drama Club / Play, Mad Science, National Honor Society, Runners Club, Scouts, Student Service Club Altar Servers, Band, Mad Science, Runners Club, Scouts, Drama Club / Play,
National Honor Society,
Student Service Club,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TrumbullGrades: K-12 | 424 students
575 White Plains Rd
Trumbull, CT 06611
BridgeportGrades: PK-8 | 222 students
521 Brewster St
Bridgeport, CT 06605
FairfieldGrades: PK-9 | 270 students
2970 Bronson Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
TrumbullGrades: PK-8 | 214 students
190 Shelton Rd
Trumbull, CT 06611
Greens FarmsGrades: PK-12 | 657 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
I graduated three years ago and miss my St. Mark family. St. Mark School prepared me well for high school. I am in all honors and Advanced Placement classes and getting A's and B's!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ajsci
My kids love it here! It's there home away from home. Safe and nurturing atmosphere, where students are challenged to reach their fullest potential.
- Posted by Parent - tscia
This school is run very well, concerns addressed, safety is a top priority and the teachers are professional, courteous, and kind. A great family atmosphere!
- Posted by Parent - ken
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.