Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
- St. Mark School is a private elementary (PreK-Grade 8) Roman Catholic School in Stratford, CT. St. Mark School has been recognized by the US Department of Education as a National Blue Ribbon School of Academic Excellence.
- Our academic program encompasses Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight. The expectations and challenges of our curriculum prepare our students for the moral, intellectual, social, technological and physical demands of today's society. Rooted in Gospel values and committed to the highest standardsof academic excellence, our teachers dedicate themselves to providing our students with comprehensive, challenging, education.
- Teachers provide students with the knowledge and tools that are necessary to reach their potiential as young adults.
- Christian values and moral prinicples are not only taught and modeled by our teachers. St. Mark School is blessed with an active and supportive parent community.
- Parent involvement in the school exemplifies a strong commitment to Catholic education and contributes to the success and excellence of our school.
- Whether serving pancakes, designing flyers, or coordinating school events, parent volunteers are valued and greatly appreciated!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra 1 and Spanish I|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Blue slacks/Plaid jumper or skirt/white shirt or blouse/boys wear ties)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance Available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Theresa Sciallo|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports OnlyBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Drama Club / Play, Mad Science, National Honor Society, Runners Club, Scouts, Student Service Club Altar Servers, Band, Mad Science, Runners Club, Scouts, Drama Club / Play,
National Honor Society,
Student Service Club,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TrumbullGrades: K-12 | 424 students
575 White Plains Rd
Trumbull, CT 06611
BridgeportGrades: PK-8 | 222 students
521 Brewster St
Bridgeport, CT 06605
FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 904 students
1073 N Benson Rd
Fairfield, CT 06824
MilfordGrades: NS-6 | 72 students
40 Quirk Road
Milford, CT 06460
BridgeportGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
63 Pequonnock St
Bridgeport, CT 06604
I graduated three years ago and miss my St. Mark family. St. Mark School prepared me well for high school. I am in all honors and Advanced Placement classes and getting A's and B's!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ajsci
My kids love it here! It's there home away from home. Safe and nurturing atmosphere, where students are challenged to reach their fullest potential.
- Posted by Parent - tscia
This school is run very well, concerns addressed, safety is a top priority and the teachers are professional, courteous, and kind. A great family atmosphere!
- Posted by Parent - ken
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.