Grades: PK-12 | 231 students
- St. Mary's Catholic School strives to develop faith-filled, responsible citizens for our global community by providing a quality Catholic education which emphasizes academic success, self-discipline, and moral training, in a caring Christian environment.
- Staff members at St. Mary's School are dedicated to the development of each individual student's potential.
- The student will be taught both the cognitive and the affective skills needed to become effective citizens of the world.
- The school assumes this responsibility in cooperation with the child's primary educators, the parents.
- The school aims to educate intellectually, spiritually, morally, socially, emotionally, and physically.
- The child will learn to discover knowledge for himself, to solve problems, to be a critical reader, to develop a healthy curiosity and to be open-minded.
- The child will be encouraged to give witness to his faith by his own life.
- Our aim is to form pupils with a social conscience, a desire for racial justice, compassion for those who suffer, and zeal for the common goal.
- St. Mary's School is committed to quality education to meet the needs of the modern child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Honors Courses and Dual Credit|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dress uniform required for Mass days and formal field trips, other days casual uniform is acceptable (see website for details))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||The fee schedule, dress code, school calendar, cafeteria menu, and other pertinent information are available on the school website at www.stmaryslgv.com|
|Admissions Director||Melinda Dunn|
|Admissions Associate||Janet Collard|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,
Cross Country, Fencing,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Choir, Guitar, Photography, Pop Choir, Theater Band, Choir, Guitar, Photography, Pop Choir, Theater,|
- Faith based education
- Providing quality education in a Christian setting since 1948.
- Accredited by TCCED and recognized by TEA
- Offering Dual Credit and Honors Classes
- Competitive Athletics
- Christian Schools Athletic Conference member
- Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LongviewGrades: NS-K | 177 students
610 E Loop 281
Longview, TX 75605
LongviewGrades: K-8 | 85 students
2455 N Eastman Rd
Longview, TX 75605
LongviewGrades: PK-5 | 65 students
2000 Greenleaf St
Longview, TX 75605
LongviewGrades: PK-12 | 174 students
Po Box 8053
Longview, TX 75607
LongviewGrades: K | 8 students
720 N 6th St
Longview, TX 75601
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.