Grades: NS-5 | 137 students
- St. Mary's is a Parish Day School, partnered inministrywithitsnamesake, St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Edmond,OK.Thepurposeofthe School is to provide for the education,enrichmentandspiritualnurture of its students.
- At St. Mary's, webelievethateach year ofthe educational journey provides studentsthelifelongtools neededto succeed as adults by educating thewholechild -intellectually,spiritually, socially and physically.OurMission:To ProvideQuality Academic Programs in anEnvironmentFosteringRespectforFaith, Family, Others and Self. http://www.smesedmond.org http://www.facebook.com/smes1977.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Language Arts, Math, Science|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress uniform on Wednesday; Casual uniform on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,800|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool 3-Day Half Day $2,885 Preschool 5-Day Half Day $4,865 Preschool 3-Day Full Day $4,865 Preschool 5-Day Full Day $7,480 Pre-Kindergarten Half Day $4,865 Pre-Kindergarten Full Day $7,480 Kindergarten $8,020 1st-5th Grade $8,260|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shauna LeGrande|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Cross CountryArchery, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Archery Team, Art After School, Chess Club, Chess Club, Cross Country, Encore I and Encore II, Parent Organization Archery Team, Chess Club, Chess Club, Cross Country, Art After School,
Encore I and Encore II,
- Our school culture is reflected in our worship,ourhighstandardsof expectation, through service projects, andourparentinvolvement.The climate of St. Mary`s School isreflectiveofa commitment to ourstated mission. Students, theirfamilies,staffmembers, and all thosewho enter our doors arevaluedandrespected.
- From the preschool years to upper elementary,teacherstakethetime to set examples of how classmates, parents,andstaffshouldbe treated.We have found that taking extra timetodiscussandmodel these behaviors during the younger years setsthestageforrespectful attitudes later.There is a "St.Mary`s Way"toguide allof our students to becomeresponsible, caring peopleinthisworld.We teach to thewhole child, allowing thespiritual,socialand emotional aspectsof our students` learning tosit side bysidewithacademics.
- At St. Mary`s School, it is very important thatallchildrenandadults respect the dignity of others.Manyparents,whosechildrenleave St. Mary`s School uponcompletion of their timehere,statethat it is this quality ofrespect for all people,instilledintheir child as a result oftheir St. Mary`sexperience,thatconstitute the greatestbenefit to their child.
Profile last updated: 05/09/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
EdmondGrades: PK-8 | 335 students
925 S Boulevard St
Edmond, OK 73034
Oklahoma CityGrades: K-12 | 98 students
321 NW 36th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
EdmondGrades: PK-12 | 271 students
1101 E 9th St
Edmond, OK 73034
EdmondGrades: PK-8 | 225 students
308 Nw 164th St
Edmond, OK 73013
EdmondGrades: PK-12 | 933 students
Po Box 509
Edmond, OK 73083
I have been very pleased with St. Mary Episcopal. I have a 2nd grader and a 6th grader. We homeschooled prior to SME and decided on SME due to the small class size. They have recently added 6-8 and it is indeed a 'safe'' middle school experience. My kids love it. The curriculum is challenging and the classes small enough to ensure not only everyone understands but that those that do are challenged further. The teachers know every student in the school, not only in their class. The upper grades have the same teachers from year to year for individual subjects. It's nice knowing that my daughter will have the same math teacher next year. I like that continuity. There are plenty of opportunities for extra-curriculars such as; percussion, theatre, archery, etc.. We are half way into the year and they have already had a full term of photography, been sculling at the OKC Boat House, and a theatre performance. It's the best kept secret in Edmond!
- Posted by Parent - tbham
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.