Grades: PK-8 | 128 students
- Saint Mary School is a Pre-K3 through grade 8 school serving the needs of children of all faiths from approximately 20 towns. The journey to this point was reached thanks to the wisdom, insight, generosity and determination of many dedicated pastors, principals, parents and parishioners. Saint Mary School was founded in 1958 as a junior high school to provide Newington area students with a Catholic education.
- Since then it has grown into an elementary school, pre-kindergarten through eighth grade serving the greater Hartford area.
- Our innovative multi-age model allows students to progress accoring to each child's ability in a class of no more than 20 students.
- Saint Mary School is accredited and certified by the Connecticut State Department of Education, the Archdiocese of Hartford and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- All children regardless of race, religion, culture or ethnic background are welcome to attend Saint Mary School.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,875|
|Tuition Notes||Rates vary based on Pre-k option selected vs. K - 8 and whether or not family is affiliated with a Catholic parish. Financial assistance is available for children in grades K - 8.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carmen Rodriguez|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,
- We, of Saint Mary School, are a Catholic community that works to ensure that every student in Pre-K through Grade 8 acquires 21st century knowledge, critical thinking skills, and Catholic values based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. In conjunction with the family, the Church, and the community at large, we offer a safe and nurturing environment and an innovative and rigorous academic program with emphasis on moral education, community and service. We prepare a diverse student population to live as productive and contributing participants of a global society and to live as full members of the Body of Christ. Our commitment to academic excellence, while developing the spirit, mind and body of every child, enables every student to achieve the full potential that God has bestowed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewingtonGrades: PK-12 | 134 students
569 Maple Hill Ave
Newington, CT 06111
New BritainGrades: PK-8 | 280 students
35 Orange St
New Britain, CT 06053
KensingtonGrades: PK-8 | 217 students
461 Alling St
Kensington, CT 06037
New BritainGrades: 6-8 | 111 students
30 Pendleton Road
New Britain, CT 06053
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.