Grades: PK-8 | 205 students
- The mission of St. Mary Star of the Sea School is to provide a quality Catholic education in which students may grow in truth and love.
- St. Mary's exists to provide a Christ-centered atmosphere which nourishes young spirits and educates young minds.
- Through learned Gospel values, this school is a center for life-long learning.
- Its learning environment is directed toward the spiritual, intellectual, and social development as well as the physical well being of each student and family.
- St. Mary's School provides an integrated curriculum that accommodates the diversity of learners in a global society and prepares them for eternal life.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Newport NewsGrades: PK-8 | 355 students
52 Harpersville Road
Newport News, VA 23601
HamptonGrades: NS-7 | 426 students
250 Fox Hill Rd
Hampton, VA 23669
YorktownGrades: PK-12 | 208 students
4209 Big Bethel Road
Yorktown, VA 23693
HamptonGrades: PK-12 | 432 students
2419 N Armistead Ave
Hampton, VA 23666
Newport NewsGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
13010 Mitchell Point Road
Newport News, VA 23602
My daughter went to this shool since she is 3 years old until now. She learn so much that she can read the entire children book at age 4. All the teachers are friendly, and kind. Over all, the school provide an excellent education. I love this school ! And recommend to parents who have children go to Pk. This shool is the one !
- Posted by Parent - h18ng
Very good academics. Addition of marine science program is outstanding. Teaching the Faith to the children is awesome. Nuns at the school are great! Safe environment, recommend to all.
- Posted by Parent - jpinc
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.