Grades: 8-12 | 857 students
- St. Mary’s Dominican High School is a Catholic college-preparatory program for young women rooted in the tradition of prayer, study, community, and service.
- With Jesus at the center, the Dominican community preaches the Word, radiates joy, promotes justice, seeks Truth, manifests Catholic values, and ministers to others.
- Sponsored by the Dominican Sisters, Congregation of St. Mary, Dominican High School fosters the growth of each individual’s spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and physical qualities through the education of the whole person.
- As a Catholic school, Dominican’s primary goal is to instill in each student a knowledge of moral values while promoting the practice of ethical behavior based on these values.
- Dominican believes that actions should reflect a belief in God and a respect for the dignity of all God’s creation.
- As a college-preparatory school, Dominican provides an atmosphere for intellectual growth and promotes learning as a life-long process.
- The school endorses a curriculum which stresses exposure to various disciplines, encourages academic excellence, and prepares the student to develop leadership roles in a global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||857 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New OrleansGrades: 8-12 | 1245 students
7027 Milne Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124
New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 629 students
6905 Chef Menteur Hwy
New Orleans, LA 70126
New OrleansGrades: NS-12 | 745 students
2635 State Street
New Orleans, LA 70118
New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 977 students
1903 Jefferson Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
8800 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Metairie, LA 70003
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.