Grades: 9-12 | 115 students
Welcome to St. Mary's High School website.
At St. Mary's we are building a brighter future.
St. Mary's is located approximately one-half mile north of the Historic Independence Square.
Founded in 1853, we are a coeducational, college preparatory, Diocesan high school accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Envirothon, Forensics, Future Business Leaders of America, Liturgy Club, National Honor Society, Science Club, Spanish Club, Spirit Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Trojan Chorale, Yearbook, Youth L.E.A.D. Academic Team, Envirothon, Forensics, Liturgy Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Spirit Club, Trojan Chorale, Yearbook, Youth L.E.A.D., Future Business Leaders of America,
National Honor Society,
- Mission Statement
- St. Mary's High School is a Catholic Diocesan secondary school dedicated to the education and development of young men and women. The school reflects this by its mission to provide a sound Catholic formation under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Church. It also strives to develop the unique potential of its student body through an extensive curriculum, instructional excellence, global awareness, service and extra-curricular programs. St. Mary's High School seeks to empower its students with the responsibility, awareness and education to become leaders and active participants in today's world and Church.
- Eastern Jackson County, one block west of Noland Road and two blocks south of 24 Highway
- Diocesan (Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph); Secondary, coed, college preparatory school
- 21 Faculty and Administrators
- 50% hold advanced degrees
- 5 faculty members have taught at SMH for over 15 years
- 5 faculty members are alumni
- Fully credited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the National Catholic Education Association
- Graduation Requirements
- 26 credits and 60 hours of Christian service
- Religion- 4 credits
- English- 4 credits
- Social Studies- 4 credits
- Mathematics- 3 credits
- Science- 3 credits
- Physical Education- 1 credit
- Health- 1/2 credit
- Fine Art- 1 credit
- Foreign Language- 2 credits
- Electives- 2 1/2 credits
- St. Mary's offers honor classes, advanced placement classes, and college credit may be earned through Avila University and the Math/Physics Academy sponsored by UMKC.
- $4,500 (Does not reflect the cost of books, fees, and uniform)
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Available to students registered at St. Mary's
- St. Mary's High School welcomes students of all faiths. Our student body is 80% Catholic and 20% non-Catholic.
Profile last updated: 08/25/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IndependenceGrades: KG-12 | 222 students
819 W Waldo Ave
Independence, MO 64050
IndependenceGrades: NS-8 | 120 students
613 S Main St
Independence, MO 64050
IndependenceGrades: PK-12 | 62 students
7600 Blue Ridge
Independence, MO 64138
IndependenceGrades: PK-12 | 323 students
10628 E Winner Road
Independence, MO 64052
IndependenceGrades: PK-8 | 97 students
217 S Cedar Avenue
Independence, MO 64053
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.