Grades: K-8 | 177 students
- St. Mary's School, Pontiac, Illinois, is a coeducational Catholic elementary school affiliated with St. Mary's Parish and the Peoria Diocese.
- It is a grade school that is committed to the teaching of the Catholic faith and values from kindergarten through eighth grade.
- It is a caring community where the Pastor, Commission on Education, administrator, teachers, and parents work together to ensure that children receive the finest possible education through a progressive program emphasizing religious education, basic skills, academic excellence, the fine arts, and physical fitness.
- St. Mary's School is a Catholic co-educational community where human culture and knowledge illumined by Faith is shared and where students are helped to develop a sense of God, a sense of responsibility, a sense of direction, and a sense of mission.
- The faculty assumes the responsibility of assisting the parents, who are the prime and foremost educators of the child, in educating the whole child while preserving each child's own individuality and uniqueness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(See handbook on website)
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates are reviewed every spring and are subject to change yearly. Please call the school for current fees.|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Sharon A. Warfield, Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band, Chorus, Junior High Youth Group, Math Team, Scholastic Bowl, Speech Team, Student Council Altar Servers, Band, Chorus, Math Team, Speech Team, Junior High Youth Group,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PontiacGrades: PK-8 | 42 students
18034 N 2100 East Road
Pontiac, IL 61764
OdellGrades: K-9 | 72 students
300 S West St
Odell, IL 60460
FlanaganGrades: 7-12 | 22 students
15161 N 400 East Rd
Flanagan, IL 61740
DwightGrades: 1-12 | 36 students
401 N Clinton St
Dwight, IL 60420
StreatorGrades: PK-8 | 126 students
410 S Park St
Streator, IL 61364
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.