Grades: K-8 | 143 students
- St. Michael Catholic School extends the knowledge and practices of the Catholic Faith, promotes academic success, and nurtures life long learning, and productive citizens.
- The Sisters of the Holy Cross of St. Mary's founded St. Michael Academy.
- In 1902, an addition was built to the thirteen room structure, which had been erected in 1870 on the corner of Center and Madison Streets.
- In 1904, another story was added to the Academy increasing the room total to twenty-nine.
- The Academy originally was open to both day school students and boarding students who came from as far away as Chicago.
- The average enrollment at this time was approximately 80 students consisting of eight grades.
- The Academy ceased operation as a boarding school but continued as a day school.
- St. Michael's Home and School Association encourages the Christian education and development of the students by enhancing mutual understanding and positive working relationships among faculty, administration, and parents of all students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed St Michael Elementary School also viewed these schools: All Saints Catholic School.
Great place to grow up. Loved the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - pm_sm
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.