Grades: PK-8 | 363 students
- We, at St. Michael School, are Catholic school educators.
- As such, we view the foundation of our process of education to be riveted in our Catholic faith.
- We believe we teach by word, by action and most importantly, by our personal lives.
- In particular, our professional service is geared to the age level of elementary school.
- Ever mindful that in our system of academics we are forming our future world, we teach to the standards of the two Great Commandments, "Love God above all things" and "Love your neighbor as yourself." As a Catholic School, we exist to educate the whole child, to help this young person grow into the adult whose life will affect a world of tomorrow, will make for a better place for all to live.
- Our major goals presently are to teach love, respect, sharing and caring among all whom we educate.
- Our far-range goal is to send forth leaders for tomorrow - faith filled, morally good and stable of character.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
UnionGrades: PK-8 | 239 students
970 Suburban Road
Union, NJ 07083
NutleyGrades: PK-12 | 422 students
390 Washington Avenue
Nutley, NJ 07110
CranfordGrades: PK-8 | 358 students
100 Alden St
Cranford, NJ 07016
South OrangeGrades: PK-8 | 269 students
172 Academy St
South Orange, NJ 07079
Scotch PlainsGrades: PK-8 | 218 students
2032 Westfield Ave
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.