Grades: PK-8 | 216 students
- St. Monica Parish School offers a quality, Private Catholic School Education to children from Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Newcastle, Mercer Island and the surrounding Puget Sound communities.
- Small class size, a talented and nurturing faculty, and challenging academics cultivate critical thinking and creativity skills in our students, while instilling moral values in a Christ-centered environment.
- St. Monica Parish School serves children in Pre-School through Grade 8.
- A STEM + the Arts Project Based Learning model, Foreign Language in all grade levels, with fine and performing arts offerings, and a weekly mass, complement the quality Catholic academic experience.
- The best way to get to know St. Monica is to come visit our campus.
- We are happy to assist you with any aspect of the admission process.
- To receive admission materials, ask a question, or schedule a visit, please call (206) 232-5432 or email email@example.com.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Anca Wilson, Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Jamie North|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art club, Band Program, CYO Sports, Chess Club, Coding Club, Global Reading Challenge, Lego Robotics Club, Math Olympiads, Speech Team Art club, Band Program, CYO Sports, Chess Club, Coding Club, Math Olympiads, Speech Team, Global Reading Challenge,
Lego Robotics Club,
- In union with parents and guardians as the primary educators of our children, and the Archdiocese of Seattle, St. Monica Parish School promotes the Good News of Jesus Christ, as is expressed in our Catholic faith. St. Monica Parish School offers a quality, Private Catholic School Education to children from Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Newcastle, Mercer Island and the surrounding Puget Sound communities. Small class size, a talented and nurturing faculty, and challenging academics cultivate critical thinking and creativity skills in our students, while instilling moral values in a Christ-centered environment. St. Monica Parish School serves children in Pre-School through Grade 8. A STEM + the Arts Project Based Learning model, Foreign Language in all grade levels, with fine and performing arts offerings, and a weekly mass, complement the quality Catholic academic experience.Our exceptional STEM + the Arts curriculum enriches our student`s educational journey. At each level, we introduce appropriate material in logical sequence. St. Monica School prepares the way of our youngest students by first defining and describing the destination of our oldest. We will continue to adjust the pace and the scope of our curriculum to ensure a program, excellent and exhilarating, for these young people whom we teach and with whom we learn.St. Monica Parish School will;Motivate and encourage our children to reach their highest potential by offering a challenging curriculum and a supportive environment, designed to empower them with knowledge and self-discipline.Foster a Catholic environment, providing for the growth of the whole child by focusing on spiritual, academic, physical, and moral development.Invite our children to live a life modeled on the gospel values by encouraging a life of prayer, sacraments, and service to one another and our larger community.Provide opportunities for our children to be leaders in our school and community, instilling in them the awareness that they can make a difference in our world.The best way to get to know St. Monica is to come visit our campus. We are happy to assist you with any aspect of the admission process. To receive admission materials, ask a question, or schedule a visit, please call (206) 232-5432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Federal WayGrades: KG-8 | 284 students
30527 8th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
Mercer IslandGrades: 7-12 | 135 students
Po Box 42
Mercer Island, WA 98040
232 228th Avenue SE
Sammamish, WA 98074
SeattleGrades: PK-8 | 270 students
3520 Ne 89th St
Seattle, WA 98115
Des MoinesGrades: K-8 | 229 students
1815 S 220th St
Des Moines, WA 98198
We have been thrilled with St. Monica Parish School. The teachers are wonderful and the classes small. The school uses a rigorous STEM + the Arts based curriculum with full time Spanish, Science, Art, PE and Music teachers on staff. In addition to the regular teachers, St. Monica employs a Reading, Science and Math Specialist to work with all levels from the gifted children that may need an extra challenge, to those that need a little extra help to keep up. The parent involvement is outstanding. It seems that everyone is helping out in some way and happily. There is after school care available on regular and drop in basis, after school programs include robotics, math Olympiads, global reading challenge, chess club, beginning and advanced band and CYO athletics. There is a real sense of community at St. Monica. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend St. Monica! We were lucky to have Principal Wilson join us this year - She is an inspiring and caring leader that greets all the children by name. Our School population is 50% Mercer Island families and the rest come from Seattle, Bellevue, Issaquah, Renton, Sammamish and Kirkland.
- Posted by Parent - krist
Our son has attended St. Monica Parish School for 8 years now, and all I can say is, THIS SCHOOL IS A TRUE GEM! If you''re looking for a school that offers top-tier educational programming (Science, Technology, Math, SS, Lit/LA), in a faith-based environment, with small class instruction, you''ll find your treasure here!! Students come from all over the area (Mercer Island, Bellevue, Renton, Seattle, Issaquah, and Sammamish) to be part of this wonderful school community. We continue to be impressed with their commitment to excellence!
- Posted by Parent - jaymi
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.