Grades: PK-8 | 260 students
Our mission at Saint Nicholas School is to embrace, nurture, and educate all God's children, preparing them for lives of service and leadership rooted in the Gospel values of faith, hope, and love. To accomplish this, we strive to provide the best instruction possible in the areas of the language arts, mathemathics, social studies, science and the arts; and to implant and nurture a set of moral values which will serve as a guide for our students in their attitudes and personal decisions, both now and in their futures lives.
Strong academics and a values-based education in a Catholic environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||SLD; ESL|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Bernadette Miglin, Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Dance, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBallet, Basketball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Crafts Club, Choir, Music & Movement Lessons, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper club, STEM Engineering, Student Council, Taekwondo Lessons, Technology Club Choir, Newspaper club, Arts and Crafts Club,
Music & Movement Lessons,
National Junior Honor Society,
- St. Nicholas School is a PreK-8 Catholic elementary school operated under the auspices of the Archdiocese of Newark. We are committed to preparing our students spiritually, intellectually and socially. The school follows the Curriculum Standards set by the Archdiocese of Newark which meet or exceed the New Jersey Common Core Curriculum Standards.
- While standardized test scores are only one measure of the strength of our program, our 2016 Terra Nova standardized test scores exceeded the Archdiocesan scores in almost every category measured. Average (or mean) scores on the Terra Nova assessments in Reading, Language, Math, Science and Social Studies in all grades exceed the national mean score by at least 18 percentile points. The majority of scores are at least 25 percentile points above the national mean scores.
- The class of 2016 earned almost $400,000 in scholarships to local Catholic High Schools. In addition, 40% of the students who applied were accepted to the highly selective McNair Academic, High Tech, and County Prep High Schools.
- There are many extracurricular actictivities offered such as basketball, girls volleyball, bowling, track, choir, dance, Technology Club, STEM Engineering, taekwondo, arts and crafts, and music and movement.
- Call today for a tour to discover why Saint Nicholas School is the premier destination for education in The Heights of Jersey City.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Jersey CityGrades: PK | 152 students
761 Summit Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07307
HobokenGrades: PK-8 | 336 students
555 7th St
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Jersey CityGrades: PK-8 | 185 students
255 Congress St
Jersey City, NJ 07307
Jersey CityGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
509 Pavonia Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07306
HobokenGrades: PK-8 | 236 students
422 Willow Ave Ste 3
Hoboken, NJ 07030
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.