Grades: PK-8 | 222 students
- Our mission at St. Philip the Apostle Catholic School is to promote the development of the whole child in a Catholic community.
- Using a variety of approaches, we provide tools for spiritual growth and intellectual advancement.
- Students are encouraged to share their talents and blessings with everyone they encounter.
- This mission is enhanced by parental support of our school and students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,400|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jeanette Trujillo|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Karate, STEM Karate, STEM,|
- St. Philip the Apostle Catholic School opened on September 19, 1960, with approximately 90 students in grades 1 and 2. Classes were held in LaReine High School. In September 1962, the present building was occupied and the school expanded through grade 6. By September 1964, the building was completed and grades 7 and 8 were opened.
- Kindergarten opened in September 1986. As enrollment grew, a new wing was completed in 1996 for grades 6, 7, and 8. The pre-kindergarten four-year-old program began in September of 1997. The pre-kindergarten three-year-old program opened in September of 2007.
- In 2010-2011 St. Philip School celebrated 50 golden years of teaching hearts and minds. We work with parents to promote the development of the whole child in a faith-filled community. We offer a well-rounded program that provides opportunities for spiritual growth and academic success for all and encourages students to share their talents and gifts with those in need.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClintonGrades: PK-12 | 518 students
6501 Surratts Road
Clinton, MD 20735
ClintonGrades: PK-8 | 221 students
8912 Old Branch Ave
Clinton, MD 20735
District HeightsGrades: PK-8 | 142 students
6704 Marlboro Pike
District Heights, MD 20747
Upper MarlboroGrades: PK-8 | 254 students
4610 Largo Road
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Upper MarlboroGrades: NS-12 | 756 students
1133 Largo Rd
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.