Grades: PK-8 | 469 students
St. Philomena School students put on a musical every year. Last year they performed in Annie Jr. This year they are doing the Little Mermaid!
- Saint Philomena School is one of the finest private, Catholic elementary schools in New England.
- Each day we welcome 466 boys and girls in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8.
- Our students come from 18 cities and towns in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts.
- While our campus has evolved over the years to meet our students' needs, our student-centered philosophy has never wavered.
- We began as a one-building school and today have one of the finest facilities in the area with five buildings, bountiful open space and the shores of Narragansett Bay at our door.
- St. Philomena School, F.C.J. is dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, cultural, aesthetic, social and physical development of its students, so that they may bring to fruition all their God-given talents and thus fulfill God's unique plan for them.
- One of the goals of the St. Philomena School Family is to continually develop the student's ability to assume more and more responsibility for decision making.
- The child is seen as a learner and investigator, and to function properly as such, requires freedom to search as well as the knowledge and skills to attack this quest effectively.
- In this common quest we recognize that each child has individual needs.
- We attempt to meet these needs by working with the individual child and with groups.
- Children learn from each other, from books and materials, from experiences in the world around them, as well as from their teachers and their parents.
- In close partnership with parents, it is our purpose to provide the necessary environment for each child; so that learning, growth and development may take place.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource help available|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||469 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band, Chess, Chinese, Chorus, Handbell Choir, Homework, Karate, Nature, Science, Tennis Clinics, Yoga and many more! Art, Band, Chess, Chinese, Chorus, Homework, Karate, Nature, Science, Handbell Choir,
Yoga and many more!,
- St. Philomena School offers an Extended Day Program. 7:30 to 8:30 A.M. and 3 to 5 P.M. Cost is $4 per hour. We also offer extensive after school acitivities such as tennis clinics, arts and crafts, music, robotics, Mock Trial, Homework Club, Math Club and more!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RiversideGrades: PK-12 | 1106 students
3070 Pawtucket Avenue
Riverside, RI 02915
PortsmouthGrades: NS-8 | 185 students
110 Sandy Point Ave Litle Slocum Farm
Portsmouth, RI 02871
MiddletownGrades: PK-8 | 153 students
915 W Main Rd
Middletown, RI 02842
Fall RiverGrades: PK-8 | 186 students
Po Box 300
Fall River, MA 02724
This is a great school, the children and staff are so kind. If you are looking for a catholic school but switching from a public school, this is obviously the place to go. Every grade has great kids, which not many schools have. The teachers are always willing to give extra help to the kids, in the morning and after school. Some schools just focus on sports, but not st. phil's. They turn their attention to the arts. They have the play each year, art shows, and two concerts a year with the band, music ministry, hand bells, and violins. Just an awesome school. Forever, St. Phil's!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - law82
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.