Grades: 9-12 | 813 students
- Saint Pius X High School is a Catholic college preparatory school of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe.
- We serve God and the community through faith, love and respect and inspire learning, leadership and service.
- Albuquerque's picturesque scenery of the Rio Grande Bosque and Sandia Mountains is the backdrop of the school's beautiful forty acre campus.
- The former home to the University of Albuquerque, St. Pius X enjoys a collegiate feel and is also host to the the Archdiocese of Santa Fe.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||813 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 50%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology II, Calculus AB and BC, Computer Science, English III, English IV, Environmental Science, Music Theory, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History - Geography|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants and polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,575|
|Tuition Notes||Active Catholic Parishioner First Student $9,575.00 Second Student $9,275.00 Third Student $8,975|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jeff Turcotte|
|Admissions Associate||Mr. Jeff Turcotte|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Diving, Drill Team,
Ice Hockey, Rugby,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
- St. Pius X is a diocesan, co-educational, college-preparatory high school. It is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the New Mexico State Department of Education.
- Fall 2010 enrollment is 806
As a parent of two kids I couldn't say enough wonderful thing about St. Pius? The teachers truly care about their students. The encouragement by the entire staff to be active members of both their school and community is remarkable. Kids are held accountable and are pushed to achieve their best in a loving environment. If you want your kids to be challenged and have a love for Christ St Pius should be at the top of your list.
- Posted by Parent - Skyno
My daughter is currently a junior at Saint Pius. From my point of view this school is the best kept secret in Albuquerque; strenuous college-prep academics, plus a truly values-based education, all at half the price of the other private high schools in town. I encourage all parents of all faiths to check it out - it is absolutely the best investment I have ever made in my child.
- Posted by Parent - mtsto
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.