- St Pius X Catholic School is a private school in the city of Norfolk serving the families of Southside Hampton Roads and educating children from Pre-K3 through 8th Grade.
- We are part of the School System of the Catholic Diocese of Richmond.
- St. Pius X School is a Christ-centered community rooted in the traditions of the Catholic faith.
- A strong Catholic identity invites all to call, to teach and to challenge the community to experience Christ through life-long relationships, instruction, service and prayer. St. Pius X School offers a comprehensive, integrated curriculum and strives for the formation of the whole person.
- Empowered by a strong educational partnership between the school and parish community, St. Pius X School motivates and nurtures the learner. This learning environment is built on Gospel values and the charism of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- The lay and religious staff prepares the community for the challenges of a constantly changing society and a Church called to grow in wisdom and grace.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NorfolkGrades: PK-12 | 722 students
255 Thole St
Norfolk, VA 23505
NorfolkGrades: 1-8 | 55 students
844 Jerome Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23518
NorfolkGrades: PK-8 | 302 students
3401 Tidewater Dr
Norfolk, VA 23509
NorfolkGrades: PK-5 | 91 students
969 Philpotts Rd
Norfolk, VA 23513
PortsmouthGrades: PK-6 | 117 students
1200 Hodges Ferry Road
Portsmouth, VA 23701
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.