Grades: K-8 | 237 students
St. Rose of Lima Elementary and Middle School provides a compassionate, nurturing atmosphere to help students develop a solid moral character, realize their fullest potential and share their gifts with others.
Our foundation is rooted in love, the teachings of Jesus Christ, prayer, and service.
We are a fully accredited academic institution, and our teachers are fully credentialed and certified; many have advanced degrees.
We serve students in and around Simi Valley from Kindergarten through 8th Grade.
We pride ourselves on academic excellence, advanced technology, and providing all the extras.
Discover how your child can benefit from an affordable, excellent education in a safe, faith-based community! We would love to meet you and help your child grow in faith and knowledge!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We are proud to offer an extensive, excellent program at one of the lowest tuition rates of all Ventura County private schools.|
- St. Rose of Lima School recognizes that parents have the primary responsibility to educate their children. In partnership with them and the larger St. Rose community, the faculty and staff endeavor to develop all students’ spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical potential. Students graduate from St. Rose of Lima School well prepared for their next steps as ongoing learners and active, contributing members of their community.
- Recognizing the elementary years are critical to the spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and creative development of the child, we provide a safe and supportive atmosphere for the education of the total person. We provide the students with opportunities for exploration and growth in their own Catholic faith, in their Christian responsibility to others, and in forming attitudes of living and learning that will become an integral part of their entire lives. At the same time, we provide a quality academic education in all curriculum areas, giving our students a firm foundation for further success in high school and beyond. We make special efforts to provide added assistance and extra challenge to meet the individual needs of the students at both ends of the learning spectrum.
- Our Teachers
- All of our teachers have degrees; many have advanced degrees. They are also credentialed/certificated. We have teaching specialists in math, science, foreign language, computers, art, music, physical education and reading, as well as an on-staff librarian.
- St. Rose Students are Outstanding Academic Performers
- In October of each year, St. Rose students (2nd – 8th grades) take the Iowa Test of Basic Skills, a nationally standardized test of student performance and academic achievement. Our students’ tests scores show that on average, all grades performed above grade level, and our 8th graders were reading at the 11th grade level and their math skills were at the 10th grade level. 100% of St. Rose graduates go on to high school, many to such schools as Chaminade, Alemany, Crespi, La Reina, Notre Dame and Louisville.
- School Hours
- 7:45 am to 2:45 pm Monday through Thursday, 7:45 am to 1:00 pm on Fridays. Before-school and after-school care are available.
- St. Rose of Lima School is fully accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association in recognition for the quality of our educational program. In 2008, St. Rose of Lima received the highest Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accreditation rating possible, good for six years.
- Curriculum Overview
- At St. Rose of Lima Elementary & Middle School, our goal is to help develop individuals who demonstrate great character and great competence in all areas of their lives, especially in service to their parish, local, and/or global communities. We encourage our students actively and joyfully bring faith to life and life to faith to achieve the school’s mission, “Enter to Learn, Go Forth to Serve.”
- St. Rose of Lima School offers a challenging, comprehensive and relevant curriculum that equips our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully negotiate a complex and unknown future. Our students need to know how to analyze information or circumstances they have never seen before and then know what to do next; they also need to know how to keep learning and adapting as content and circumstances continue to change with an accelerating pace. To help them do this, we continually examine both what we teach, how we teach, and how effectively we teach, constantly adjusting to the strengths and needs of the students we serve.
- St. Rose of Lima Elementary & Middle School strives to bring each child the very best education possible. This includes learning beyond academics. Our curriculum includes art, music, PE, and foreign languages classes, all taught by specialists. We also offer many extracurricular activities, including co-ed competitive sports, speech team, robotics classes, cheerleading, dance, martial arts, choir, band, boy & girl scouts, student council, and more!
- St. Rose of Lima School's advanced technology includes a state-of-the-art computer lab, advanced technology in all classrooms (computers, LCD projectors, iPads, ELMO document cameras and Apple TV are used in ALL classrooms to supplement daily instruction), 1:1 iPad program for ALL Middle School students, and technology instruction by a specialist. Projects include movie trailers, videos, presentations, spreadsheets, documents, etc.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Simi ValleyGrades: K-6 | 348 students
1717 Arcane Street
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Simi ValleyGrades: K-8 | 295 students
1325 Royal Avenue
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Simi ValleyGrades: PK-KG | 55 students
1680 Patricia Ave
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Simi ValleyGrades: KG-8 | 42 students
1636 Sinaloa Rd
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Simi ValleyGrades: PK-KG | 48 students
1776 Erringer Rd
Simi Valley, CA 93065
I can't recommend this school highly enough! It's a very family-oriented community. Faith and character are not only taught and rewarded, but modeled. Academics are excellent, and complemented by lots of extras like hands-on science labs, music, art, computers, library, PE. Very impressive curriculum. Of course teachers and admin are what make or break a school, and St. Rose has some of the best! The teachers are experienced, caring and very in tune with their students. They truly know the personalities, strengths and weaknesses of each child, which is rare. The atmosphere is happy and warm. Great community, excellent school.
- Posted by Parent - kidsc
I really love this school, and I''m excited about the direction in which it's going. My kids have been here for over five years, and during that time, I have watched the school grow and develop its programs into some of the best around! My kids have been given every opportunity to succeed, both in academics and in life, and I couldn't be happier. The 1:1 iPad program and other technology are the perfect way to get the kids excited about learning. The teachers are invested in helping their students succeed, and make learning fun and interactive. Character development and moral consciousness are important to me, and my kids are becoming natural leaders with the skills and knowledge they are acquiring here. The family community is amazing, and we have found so many great friends here. This school is a wonderful foundation for a successful future.
- Posted by Parent - ltorr
This school gets better and better every year. The academics are excellent, and students are well prepared for the future. However, the leadership at St. Ross has not lost focus on what matters most...kids developing into happy, healthy, principled, educated human beings. St. Rose is an investment in your child's future that is worth every penny. My children and husband and I love it at St. Rose, and feel it is an extended family. The staff and administration are loving, competent, and very responsive. It's more than a school; it's a gift.
- Posted by Parent - Chris
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.