Grades: PK-8 | 81 students
- SSCCA is the parish school of St. Stephen's Church.
- St. Stephen's is a parish of the Reformed Episcopal Church, which adheres to the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the fully inspired Word of God, to the Apostles' and Nicene Creeds of the ancient and undivided Catholic Church, and to the 39 Articles of Religion of the English Reformation.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia/disgraphia|
|Total Students||81 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms khakis & polo boys and either jumper or skirt for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,450|
|Tuition Notes||Jr. Kindergarten M-F, 1/2 Day $3930 Jr. Kindergarten Full Day, M-F, $5450 Kindergarten M-F, 1/2 Day $3,930 Kindergarten M-F, Full Day $5450 Grades 1-6 $5450 Grades 7 & 8 $5750|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||John Dykes|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy McLaughlin|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Chess Club, Geography Bee, Latin Club, Speech Meet, Spelling Bee, Yearbook Club Book Club, Chess Club, Geography Bee, Latin Club, Speech Meet, Spelling Bee, Yearbook Club,|
- Goals and Objectives
- To assist parents of St. Stephen's Reformed Episcopal Church in fulfilling their responsibility of training their children in accordance with Deuteronomy 6:4-12 and Ephesians 6:4.
- To assist Christian parents in the community to fill their responsibility under the same principles mentioned above.
- To educate unchurched children in the community that they and their families might know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
- The goals are based on the principle of outreach as described by our Savior in Acts 1:8: "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you: and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Owings MillsGrades: PK-8 | 205 students
11303 Liberty Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
GlyndonGrades: PK-8 | 507 students
63 Sacred Heart Lane
Glyndon, MD 21071
Windsor MillGrades: NS-12 | 217 students
3030 N Rolling Road
Windsor Mill, MD 21244
Owings MillsGrades: NS-12 | 612 students
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Owings MillsGrades: KG-12 | 1305 students
8600 Mcdonogh Rd
Owings Mills, MD 21117
This is an extremely welcoming school. This is my son's first year there and he is excited to continue his education through 8th grade. I highly recommend SSCCA to any parent who wants their child to be in a safe, friendly, caring community.
- Posted by Parent - Ruddk
St Stephen's Classical Christian Academy provides a phenomenal education from a staff of focused and committed people in a caring, genuine environment. We have 2 children attending SSCCA over the past 7 years and continually feel blessed to have found such a dedicated school to educate and guide our children not only in academics but also in solid Christian values and morals.The children are challenged yet supported and given individual attention by caring teachers. Both my children have blossomed at SSCCA and love school!
- Posted by Parent - pineh
We have two boys enrolled, one in the regular program and one in the learning differences program. This is our third year. This school, the environment, the teachers and the curriculum have made such a huge difference after just one year in both of our boys. They have achieved more academic knowledge and success and boundless personal confidence after one year in this school then three or five years in the local public schools. My only regret is that we didn't enroll earlier.
- Posted by Parent - Lauri
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.