Grades: PK-8 | 329 students
- At Saint Theresa School, we believe it is our job to educate the whole child by challenging the mind and nurturing the soul.
- We believe in high expectations, for ourselves as educators.
- We believe that every child has the right to learn in a caring and safe environment.
- We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children and that we are their partner in building a foundation for success.
- The STS community is one of devoted teachers and staff.
- It is involved and active parents.
- It is a strong and supportive parish community.
- It is a community which embraces diversity.
- It is people praying together, working together, and playing together.
- It is family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||329 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Des MoinesGrades: PK-8 | 275 students
4320 Grand Ave
Des Moines, IA 50312
Des MoinesGrades: PK-8 | 289 students
2107 E 33rd St
Des Moines, IA 50317
Des MoinesGrades: PK-8 | 356 students
16 Columbus Ave
Des Moines, IA 50315
St. Theresa is a really great school! They have the most caring teachers and administration. They really do care about me and my kids. St. Theresa is a warm and welcoming community. They go out of the way to include all families. Their academics are tops. My kids were very prepared for Dowling Catholic High School. They have done very well there because St. Theresa prepared them so well for the high level of academics that Dowling demands. Because of this my students have received big scholarship offers to colleges because they did so well and were so prepared for Dowling as freshman. I have an 8th grader that will go on to Dowling next year and is very interested in taking the higher level math and science/engineering courses at Dowling because of all that he learned through the STEM program at St. Theresa's. This program really engaged my kid. I just didn't find this in any other school. St. Theresa is an excellent school.
- Posted by Parent - mccar
St. Theresa's Catholic School is a fantastic school. We have 2 children that we send there. There are a number of Catholic schools that are much closer to us yet we still send our children here. The individual attention, small class size, excellent teachers and wonderful community of parents made our decision easy when deciding where to send our children. We could not be more pleased with St. Theresa's, it is an excellent school.
- Posted by Parent - staib
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.