- Rooted in a century-long tradition of excellence, the Basilian Fathers, lay faculty and staff of St. Thomas High School, with support from parents, actualize our motto, "Teach me Goodness, Discipline, and Knowledge," in an interactive place of teaching and learning.
- We provide a challenging intellectual atmosphere and well-rounded formation, which support the development of moral character and prepare students to be successful in a technologically and globally oriented society.
- Faithful to the mission of the Catholic Church, the school community seeks to actively share Christ's message in all endeavors, promote social justice through service to those in need, and uphold the uniqueness and dignity of all.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||773 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB and BC, US Government, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish, US History, English Literature, English Composition|
|Average SAT score||1930|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress pants, collared shirt, dress shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition increases $200-$1,200 each year.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jon Moody|
|Admissions Associate||Keith Page|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Wrestling,
- Student and his parents must want their son to attend St. Thomas.
- Three recommendations forms required: English teacher, math teacher and either principal or counselor.
- Good academic, attendance and discipline record. Transcripts required and past stadardized test scores required.
- Entrance test or, for transfers, PSAT or SAT scores.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1375 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
HoustonGrades: K-12 | 2221 students
2401 Claremont Ln
Houston, TX 77019
HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 903 students
8900 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77036
HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 70 students
10255 Richmond Ave #100
Houston, TX 77042