Grades: NS-8 | 490 students
St. Thomas More School is an A-rated Catholic grade school, offering an outstanding academic curriculum for our nearly 500 students, while stressing the importance of the arts and athletics in the daily school schedule.
A St. Thomas More School education has proven to provide a strong foundation for a productive life, as our well-rounded students find great success in and outside of the classroom while attending STMS and beyond. .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||490 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Maroon, navy & khaki)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact our Admissions Office.|
|Admissions Director||Pam Pasyk|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||4-H Club, Altar Servers, Ambassadors, Art Club, Band, Boy Scouts, Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys and Girls Volleyball, Chess Club, Choir, Co-Ed Cross Country, Co-Ed Soccer, Co-Ed Track & Field, Girls Scouts, Girls on the Run, Leadership Committee, Musical Productions, National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), Rainbows, Safety Patrol, Science Club, Science Olympiad Team, Spelling Bee, Student Council 4-H Club, Altar Servers, Ambassadors, Art Club, Band, Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, Co-Ed Soccer, Girls Scouts, Rainbows, Safety Patrol, Science Club, Spelling Bee, Boys and Girls Basketball,
Boys and Girls Volleyball,
Co-Ed Cross Country,
Co-Ed Track & Field,
Girls on the Run,
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS),
Science Olympiad Team,
- Roman Catholic grade school (accepts all religions/races/ethnic groups).
- Preschool to 8th Grade offering small classes (average 19:1 student/teacher ratio). Honors classes in grades 6 to 8.
- Full-time Art, Music, Physical Education & Spanish teachers.
- Spanish begins in Grade 1.
- State-of-the-art technology program with computer lab and laptop/tablet carts.
- Over 20 clubs and activities, as well as 5 sports offered for student participation.
- Before and after school care available.
- Active Parent Association with many family activities throughout the year.
- Online Parent Portal for viewing student grades and school news.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HobartGrades: K-4 | 74 students
2109 57th St
Hobart, IN 46342
ScherervilleGrades: NS-8 | 210 students
7300 Forest Ridge Drive
Schererville, IN 46375
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.