Grades: NS-8 | 521 students
- Our school challenges the students to work independently and fosters the thoughtful informed academic challenge that encourages responsible decision-making within the framework of basic Christian principles.
- Students are encouraged to recognize, develop, and appreciate the qualities inherent within themselves and to respect, value, and safeguard the uniqueness of others.
- Under the guidance and leadership of its priests, administration, faculty and staff, along with their parents, the students grow in knowledge and in deeper faith of their responsibility to their community, their church, and to humankind.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||521 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Lisa M. Figueredo|
|Admissions Associate||Angie Ayan-Novo|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acolytes & Lectors, Band and Strings Program, Choir, Doors to the Arts Program, Drama Club, Fairchild Challenge, Friends of Jesus & Mary, Math Club, Yearbook Club Choir, Drama Club, Math Club, Yearbook Club, Acolytes & Lectors,
Band and Strings Program,
Doors to the Arts Program,
Friends of Jesus & Mary,
- St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic School serves students from Pre-K2 through Eighth grade. The purpose and implementation of the curriculum represents and parallels the school's mission. Instruction assessment and application support the academic goals. Our curriculum is successful because it attends responsively to the students' needs. The aim of our curriculum program is academic excellence, St. Thomas the Apostle is an International Baccalaureate World School.
Profile last updated: 08/19/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 652 students
5400 Sw 102nd Ave
Miami, FL 33165
MiamiGrades: PK-12 | 885 students
6800 Nervia Street/9775 SW 87 Ave.
Miami, FL 33146
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 317 students
3460 Royal Rd
Miami, FL 33133
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 929 students
5557 Sw 84th St
Miami, FL 33143
MiamiGrades: PK-5 | 502 students
6050 Sw 57th Ave
Miami, FL 33143
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.