Grades: PK-5 | 235 students
- St. Thomas the Apostle is an elementary school community of many faiths, cultures, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds committed to educational excellence in the Roman Catholic tradition.
- We recognize parents and guardians as the primary educators of their children.
- With this in mind, we offer them the opportunity to participate in various aspects of school life.
- Together, we encourage personal responsibility and respect for others as we guide children to become independent members of a global society. As a school committed to the development of the whole child, we are dedicated to helping children realize their fullest potential as independent learners and critical thinkers.
- Each grade level has age-appropriate, traditional and innovative programs that incorporate a variety of talents and abilities while fostering spiritual and moral growth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,175|
|Tuition Notes||PreKindergarten tuition ranges from $3,200 for 2 day schedule to $5,750 for 5 day schedule.|
|Admissions Director||Diane Klingman|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, GolfAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Book Club, Fitness Club and Garden Club, Odyssey of the Mind team Art Club, Book Club, Fitness Club and Garden Club,
Odyssey of the Mind team,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West HartfordGrades: NS-9 | 360 students
2865 Albany Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
West HartfordGrades: K-9 | 210 students
100 Mayflower St
West Hartford, CT 06110
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.