Grades: PK-8 | 207 students
The education your child receives will be with him/her for a lifetime.
St. Valentine Catholic School academically prepares your child for a lifetime of success.
As evidence of this, I can point to the school’s accreditation, talented faculty, the successes of our school alumni, and our current student progress as shown on standardized tests.
Call me or stop in and visit so that I can share with you these and many other examples of our wonderful academic program.
Mrs. Rachel Damuth firstname.lastname@example.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||207 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Applications for tuition assistance available|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Girl Scouts, Math Counts, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Girl Scouts, Math Counts, National Junior Honor Society,
- St. Valentine School was established in 1952. The school is located on Hope Street in Redford, Michigan.
- The mission of St. Valentine Catholic School is to provide a faith-filled education through the teachings of the Gospels in partnership with family, parish, and community.
- All of our faculty, staff, students, and school families are commited to this mission.
- Our school belief in the potential and god given talents of all children has led us to base all of our teaching on our mission and philosophy.
- The philosophy of St. Valentine School is to provide a Catholic Christian environment that empowers each student in his/her spiritual and academic growth. Academic excellence, social justice, and respect for the unique God-given talents and gifts of each child are nurtured in an atmosphere of love, understanding, peace, and safety throughâ€¦ â€¢
- Nurturing the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical growth of each child. â€¢
- Providing an atmosphere of open communications between student, teacher, and parents. â€¢
- Creating an environment in which positive attitudes toward life that demonstrates respect for each childâ€™s unique needs. â€¢
- Guiding each child toward the freedom of choice which recognizes the value of self-discipline and personal responsibility. â€¢
- Helping students learn their role as Catholic Christians in society. â€¢
- Teaching students to work for peace and justice in their school, home, and community.
- St. Valentine School has a strong Catholic based curriculum provided in a nurturing caring environment.
- The school is fully accredited with highly qualified teachers in grades Pre-K through Eight.
- St. Valentine teachers have a wealth of teaching experience.
- The schoolâ€™s core curriculum meets and often exceeds Michigan Standards and Benchmarks.
- In addition to core curriculm the school offers music, art, physical education, computers, library, and Spanish for each child.
- The students benefit from many extra curricular activities and service programs that are offered through the school, parish, and community.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LivoniaGrades: PK-8 | 225 students
28933 Jamison Street
Livonia, MI 48154
RedfordGrades: 5-12 | 155 students
Redford, MI 48239
RedfordGrades: KG-8 | 91 students
Redford, MI 48239
RedfordGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
27201 W Chicago
Redford, MI 48239
DetroitGrades: PK-8 | 167 students
16800 Trinity St
Detroit, MI 48219
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.