Grades: PK-8 | 212 students
- We, the students and staff of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School, strive to live, learn, worship and serve following the example of Jesus Christ.
- As we commit to academic excellence, we seek to become productive, faithful and responsible members of society.
- Enthusiastic teachers, staff, parents and parish members contribute to our students in ways not familiar to other school settings.
- St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School offers many other advantages including limited class size, student/teacher ratio of 19:1, strong base of volunteer parents, ISTEP+ scores exceed state averages, before and after school care, computer education and complete library services. At St. Vincent School your child is: - Individually valued Your child is safe. Your child is a member of a family. Someone is always looking after your child. Class sizes are small for effective teaching and learning.Supervision is consistent and school-wide. - Spiritually Nurtured Students are educated as children of God Ours is an education for life (values, morals, life skills) Graduates are personally confident and spiritually led. A respect for self and others is developed. - Academically successful Our ISTEP scores are the highest in the area Expectations are high and excellence is celebrated The curriculum is challenging and students are motivated to succeed Teaching is current and effective.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki or blue pants/shorts, skirts - red, green, navy, light blue, white polo shirts, flat knit same colored sweaters/sweater vests, approved St. Vincent plaid skirts/ jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships, reductions, tuition assistance, vouchers available|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- For over 100 years, St. Vincent de Paul School has continued to serve the Catholic Community of Lawrence County as well as people of all faiths from surrounding communities. A Catholic education is unique and distinctive. St. Vincent school is committed to academic excellence and prepares its students to understand and accept Christ’s special message of love and service within the context of a faith community.At St. Vincent School we are student oriented and dutifully concerned with the continuous progress and evaluation of each child. True education aims at the formation of the whole person, which is why we share one common goal: to foster emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual growth in every student. Each child is recognized and treated as an individual, unique in character, with his/her own gifts and talents. Close communication with parents promotes a sharing of effort and a spirit of cooperation in the total education of every student.As Christian educators, we realize the necessity of self-dedication in the challenging profession of teaching. Enthusiastic teachers, who witness to Christ by their own lives, are committed to professional growth and knowledgeable of current trends in education. This is essential in providing a program designed to include the use of current and appealing materials, modern technology, enjoyable experiences, and opportunities for celebrating the Holy Mass and Sacraments through a strong catechetical curriculum.St. Vincent de Paul School exists to fulfill the mission modeled by Christ: to teach all children to follow His example as they prepare for their lives as mature, self-disciplined and committed Christians. We acquaint students with the cultural heritage of past generations and help them value their rights and responsibilities as citizens of the world, as they develop a commitment to God and respect for themselves and for others.
People that viewed St. Vincent de Paul Catholic School also viewed these schools: Stone City Christian Academy.
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.