Grades: PK-12 | 35 students
Stellar Learning Academy is a small private school offering Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade.
We are providing a fun, unique and efficient educational approach, with open enrollment 12 months a year, including Summer Camp! Our teachers give intensive one-on-one assistance to students in classrooms with low student to teacher ratios.
Students are learning HOW to learn with a successful study methodology and we are creating a safe, happy, comfortable environment for them to thrive in.
Each new student is tested and placed at the correct level in his or her academic subjects on an individually tailored study program as a part of our Mastery Program.
A student could be on a 9th grade individual program, for example, which includes doing some 3rd grade math that was confusing or missed.
Once the missing bits are learned, the student is brought quickly forward in that subject with confidence and often with tremendous relief.
There are regular field trips, fun and informative seminars, art classes, music classes and guitar classes.
Schedule a Free Visit Day for your child! Call 408-866-4996.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,100|
|Tuition Notes||$925 per month|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Aracely De La Rosa|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Music and Guitar Classes, Summer Camp Summer Camp, Music and Guitar Classes,
- Stellar Learning Academy is a small, 501 C (3) non-profit, private school delivering Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade, located in the beautiful Campbell Community Center. Stellar serves the entire San Jose area.
- Every child deserves an education which enables him / her to be an intelligent, ethical, productive, successful, and happy student and member of society. Every human being is unique. Their uniqueness gives an educator the responsibility to take care that each student’s individual interests and talents are nurtured and encouraged to fully manifest. This is what Stellar Learning Academy is offering students!
- Students need a solid education with understanding, not confusion. They cannot BUILD intelligence, confidence, certainty or ability on study confusions. At Stellar, we pride ourselves on our low student-to-teacher ratio: one teacher for every five to ten students, and intensive teacher=tutoring in class as needed.
- SLA teachers shift back and forth between two roles: An active hands-off supervisory role OR a one-on-one teacher-tutoring role. When a student is doing well on independent study, the teacher takes a hands-off approach and lets him get on with it, only intervening to help a student one-on-one who runs into difficulty. Teachers are trained to recognize the early indications of a student needing help and to provide assistance before the student runs into trouble.
- When a student turns in work or a test that is not 100% correct, the student restudies and corrects the work, facilitated with one-on-one help from the teacher when needed. Students are encouraged to ask for help when needed and are never made to feel wrong for doing so.
- Each student is given an individual program tailored to his or her unique needs. Students work on their individual program at their own pace with teacher-tutoring help right in the classroom when needed.
- There are regular field trips, fun and informative seminars, art classes, music classes and guitar classes.
- Incoming transfer students are tested and given a tailored program to catch them up in areas they have not mastered in other grades and schools. The individualized nature of the program makes it possible for students to enter at any point in the year.
- Stellar Learning Academy is a licensed Applied Scholastics™ school using "Study Technology" which is a study metholodogy that ensures greatly improved study results. Knowing “how to study” is all too often taken for granted in education. Yet, given a stable home environment, most difficulties that students have can be traced to ineffective fundamental study habits (or overwhelmed teachers and insufficient help, which are not allowed at Stellar). We teach the subject of study itself, which is very important because it unlocks the door to a lifelong education that extends far beyond graduation day. This helps each student develop the logic and judgment to study intelligently and to learn how to think effectively.
- Stellar students are helped to make good decisions, not dictated to and crushed. Children are making decisions to help them survive well in life and often need more information to be able to make wise choices for everyday situations. We give them that. Each student is recognized and treated as a valuable individual person with a unique point of view, needs and interests.
- Please feel free to join us for a tour of Stellar Learning Academy and schedule a Free Visit Day for your children!
Profile last updated: 06/27/2015
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.