Grades: PK-K | 138 students
- The Step Ahead Learning Center is an ongoing ministry of Wesley United Methodist Church and shall be a self-supporting, non-profit educational center in the greater concord community.
- Step Ahead is a child-centered, developmentally appropriate program.
- We emphasize meeting the individual needs of the whole child through a variety of stimulating and challenging activities which facilitate the child's cognitive, social, emotional, language and motor development.
- Everything here revolves around children; you will find their work on the walls, see them engaged in active play and hear their voices singing.
- We recognize that children learn best through real-life experiences.
- Step Ahead provides these types of experiences through hands-on learning, creative play, problem-solving opportunities, exploration, community experiences and much more.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.