Grades: K-8 | 21 students
- Steppingstone School for Gifted Education is dedicated to providing a superior learning environment for gifted children Young-K (< 5 years) through grade 8.
- For over 25 years we have addressed and supported all areas of a child's development including academic, intellectual, social and emotional.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,750|
|Tuition Notes||Application Fee, (New Applicants Only) $50.00 Annual Tuition, Full-Time $15,750.00* Annual Tuition, Part-Time $11,800.00* * Tuition must be paid in-full prior to attendance. Information from the Tuition Loan Program or Bank One|
|Admissions Director||Donna Coffin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Math Pentathalon, Various Afterschool Programs and classes Chess, Math Pentathalon,
Various Afterschool Programs and classes,
- Developed over 25 years, our curriculum provides integrated in-depth studies and enrichment as well as opportunities for students to develop strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Supplementing the basic curriculum, our school also offers fine arts, world languages, discovery science, computer education, and physical fitness. In addition to cognitive and academic needs, gifted children have social and emotional needs that are often overlooked. We squarely address this issue by recognizing that each student is a unique individual. Our teachers combine compassion and understanding with the best instructional techniques, technology and practices. They take into account all aspects of giftedness to help each child reach his or her potential. As a result of their effort, our teaching team provides a creative, highly interactive, cooperative, and individualized environment. For our teachers and staff, teaching gifted children is more than just a profession. It is a calling in which they firmly believe. Our teachers feel they can profoundly and positively impact gifted students, their families and the world. It is estimated that two to five percent of the population is gifted, crossing all ethnic, racial and gender lines. Sadly because of myths and misconceptions, too many educational institutions fail to identify and to develop these children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-12 | 1661 students
Po Box 801
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
FranklinGrades: PK-12 | 1522 students
22305 W Thirteen Mile Road
Franklin, MI 48025
Farmington HillsGrades: KG-8 | 39 students
28555 Middlebelt Rd
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Has a one-of-a-kind science lab research program for middle school through undergraduate students, using Electron Spin Spectroscopy equipment and data collection and analysis software.
- Posted by Administrator - kiyoa
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.