|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||705 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Casual; Dress Day every Wednesday)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and Fee Schedule available on our website|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nicole Bailey|
|Admissions Associate||Michael Wright|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beta Club, Chess Team, Chorus, Cyber-Defense Team, Dance Team, Diversity Club, Drama, Engineering Club, Environmental Club, Future Physicians Club, Handbells, Improv Comedy Club, Interact Club, International Club, Literary Magazine, Math Team, Model United Nations, Pep Band, Pep Club, Photography Club, Quiz Bowl, Recycling Club, Robotics Team, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association, Wilderness Club, Yearbook Beta Club, Chess Team, Chorus, Dance Team, Diversity Club, Drama, Handbells, Interact Club, Math Team, Pep Band, Pep Club, Quiz Bowl, Recycling Club, Robotics Team, Yearbook, Cyber-Defense Team,
Future Physicians Club,
Improv Comedy Club,
Model United Nations,
Student Government Association,
- Pinewood Preparatory School is an independent, college preparatory school located in beautiful Summerville, S.C., a short drive from historic Charleston. Pinewood is dedicated to giving students in three-year-old preschool through 12th grade a foundation for success in all aspects of life. Pinewood places strong emphasis on educating, inspiring, and motivating students as they guide them toward leadership and achievement. Within a family-like atmosphere, the focus is on developing well-rounded students with rigorous academics, small class sizes, competitive athletics, and diverse extra-curricular and fine arts programs.
- Pinewood Preparatory School`s 43-acre campus is 30 minutes from downtown Charleston. Facilities include 56 classrooms, a college style lecture hall, six science laboratories, computer, media, and student centers, gymnasiums, an auditorium, and athletic fields. The school offers a diverse and challenging curriculum that includes fifteen Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Students exhibit increasingly competitive scores on the SAT and have a high (80 percent) passing rate on AP exams.
- In keeping with a mission of developing well-rounded students, Pinewood Preparatory offers over sixty-five organizations representing a wide range of academic, athletic, fine arts, and extra curricular programs. Ninety percent of graduates participate in at least one extra-curricular activity, and nearly seventy-five percent participate in at least one athletic endeavor. With ninety-seven percent of graduating seniors typically enrolling in four-year colleges, Pinewood Preparatory students have a notable acceptance rate at some of the nation`s most prestigious and competitive universities and colleges. Over thirty percent tend to go out-of-state to college, and students regularly enroll in South Carolina`s most competitive public and private colleges, with many attending honors programs.
- The faculty at Pinewood Preparatory School demonstrates academic strength, with fifty-four percent holding advanced degrees and an average of fifteen years teaching. Pinewood Preparatory has a current enrollment of approximately 750 students from Dorchester, Berkeley, Charleston and Colleton counties. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Southern Association of Independent Schools. Pinewood Preparatory is also a member in the National Association of Independent Schools, the South Carolina Independent School Association, and the Palmetto Association of IndependentSchools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
North CharlestonGrades: PK-12 | 313 students
7800 Northside Dr
North Charleston, SC 29420
CharlestonGrades: PK-12 | 488 students
48 Meeting St
Charleston, SC 29401
CharlestonGrades: K-12 | 811 students
2263 Otranto Road
Charleston, SC 29406
SeattleGrades: 9-12 | 836 students
140 S 140th St
Seattle, WA 98168
Cedar HillGrades: PK-12 | 616 students
1231 E Pleasant Run Road
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
I have taught at Pinewood for the past five years and continue to be happy each and every day. The kids are great, focused and positive. There are few if any discipline issues on campus. I have never worked with a faculty that is so fantastic. While the campus could use some updates, the administration is caring and supportive. We have really worked to add more technology and developed some really cool programs. Pinewood is the best!
- Posted by Teacher - smman
This school is a gem! Top flight academics - stellar athletics - wonderful arts programs. The faculty is the best.
- Posted by Parent - gsmit
I am the parent of a recent Pinewood graduate. I continually hear from my daughter and her friends who graduated from Pinewood about how well-prepared they are for college. Pinewood provided my daughter with the tools and the confidence to easily navigate through her first year of college. As a result of her participation in the arts, athletics, and student organizations at Pinewood, she has continued to participate in all of these activities at her college. Although I could tell that she was receiving an excellent education at Pinewood, it was when she arrived at college that SHE realized the true value of her Pinewood education.
- Posted by Parent - sydne
My daughter is a new high school student at Pinewood this year and we have been quite happy with the quality of the academic program and the commitment of the teachers. Having been part of a private school up north, we have very expectations. Pinewood can provide the quality program comparable with schools anywhere at a tremendous tuition value. The sports and arts programs are also top notch. We are so glad that we moved to the Charleston area and found Pinewood.
- Posted by Parent - Hoppe