Grades: NS-K | 86 students
- Summerfield Academy is a unique school for children 18 months through five years old.
- Founded in 1985 by Joyce Harlow, who holds a masters degree in Early Childhood Education, the concept for Summerfield Academy evolved over a twenty year period.
- At Summerfield, children learn through active exploration and involvement in a thematic, literature based curriculum.
- Summerfield teachers facilitate the learning process by creating a wide variety of environments for the children to explore and experience.
- Each child enjoys the freedom to advance at his or her own developmental level in an environment conducive to learning.
- The curriculum is designed to be developmentally appropriate for each age level.
- According to one parent, "Summerfield Academy is a child's window to the world!" Summerfield Academy is committed to providing a developmentally appropriate educational program where children feel safe and loved.
- Summerfield teachers strive to meet the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs of each child.
- Likewise, children are encouraged to develop a feeling of competence, autonomy and a positive self-concept.
- Finally, Summerfield Academy strives to create an environment based on respect between children, parents and teachers.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Joyce Harlow|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Cook|
Both of my children have attended Summerfield; one is now 10 and the other 5. It's been like a second home to them! We love the nurturing staff, developed curriculum, and over all atmosphere of loving kids! My kids have been very prepared to enter elementary school and teachers always recognize a "Summerfield student!" Now that's something to be proud of as a parent and educator.
- Posted by Parent - Kkrob
Our 2 yr old daughter has been attending for nearly 4 months & we have seen her flourish during this time. Her vocabulary has increased, she loves to sing an tell stories now. The team at Summerfield not only make her feel special but they make us feel special! They have a well thought out education program as well. We HIGHLY recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - slwil
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.