Grades: PK-12 | 385 students
- Summit Christian Academy is an independent, non-denominational school system that exists as a partnership between its students, parents, and faculty.
- Summit's vision is to equip its students to impact the world through the power of Jesus Christ.
- To accomplish this, Summit endeavors to enrich the mind of each student through rigorous academics and biblical thinking, to challenge each student to display character that honors Christ and others, and to train students to influence the world around them through Christian service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Processing Disorders, AD/HD, Speech Impairments|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Average SAT score||1645|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Student uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,200|
|Tuition Notes||Range : $5,887 (Pre-K) - $10,029 (12th).|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kim Walker|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Cinema Society, Elementary Dance, Elementary Spanish Club, Instrumental Music, National Honor Society, Science Club, Student Council, Theater Chess Club, Cinema Society, Science Club, Theater, Elementary Dance,
Elementary Spanish Club,
National Honor Society,
- Summit Christian Academy (SCA) comprises a non-denominational, independent school system, operating on two campuses, offering grades Pre-K through 12 to the greater Northwest Austin Texas community. As a college and life preparatory, co-educational school that began operations in 2003, SCA also features character development and a strong emphasis on service to the community. SCA is fully accredited through the Association of Christians Schools International (ACSI).
- Summit's PK-12 campus is located at 2121 Cypress Creek Road in Cedar Park, Texas. The Elementary Principal on the Cedar Park campus is Shelly Jordan, and Shannon Dare serves as Secondary Principal. The Cedar Park campus also houses Summit's main administrative offices. Please call (512) 250-1369 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Summit also has a PK-4 Mother's Day Out Campus located at 5600 Ranch Road 620 N, Austin, TX 78732. Corrine Bonneau serves as Director of our MDO campus. Please call (512) 250-1369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Stanford Achievement Test (Spring 2008)
Elementary (K-6th Grades)
- Reading 82
- Mathematics 76
- Complete Battery 78
Secondary (7th-11th Grades)
- Reading 78
- Mathematics 85
- Complete Battery 78
- Summit's Impact Education program is a vital part of its
educational philosophy and lies at the core of Summit's mission.
Impact Education is realized primarily through training in missions
that runs throughout the school from the youngest pre-schooler to
the most mature Senior. In its missions training, Summit strives
1) Teach by example that missions ("reaching out") is a lifestyle God desires for all of us
2) Encourage students to "reach out" to others by serving in their homes and communities; among the hurting, the lonely, and the needy; by studying God's Word; and following Christ's example
3) Teach students to pray for the people they serve and to learn through prayer what is on God's heart
4) Introduce students to the exciting ways God's people are "reaching out" in their communities and around the world
5) Create an environment where the students, in gratitude for what Christ has done for them, desire to see others come to know Christ as their Savior
6) Help students learn about other countries, cultures, and environments in which missionaries serve
7) Partner with other missions ministries on an ongoing basis â" building relationships with them and providing opportunities for students to interact with missionaries on and away from their mission fields
8) Incorporate Summit staff members and parents into mission outreaches
9) Present missions as a career, providing opportunities for students to recognize and answer the call to career missions.
Profile last updated: 08/25/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Round RockGrades: NS-12 | 525 students
301-A N. Lake Creek Dr
Round Rock, TX 78681
AustinGrades: PK-12 | 611 students
12124 Ranch Rd 620 North
Austin, TX 78750
LeanderGrades: 2-12 | 83 students
17317 FM 1431
Leander, TX 78641
Cedar ParkGrades: PK-5 | 89 students
400 E Whitestone Blvd
Cedar Park, TX 78613
AustinGrades: K-8 | 531 students
3901 Bee Caves Rd
Austin, TX 78746
We enrolled our daughter at Summit 3 years ago for Kindergarten. The past 3 years have been great. The teachers are wonderful to work with and have the students best interest at heart. We love the family feel of the school and would recommend it to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - mary7
Amazing academics and strong Biblical teaching are two huge benefits of attending Summit. Our son is graduating next month and is well prepared for college as indicated by his ACT/SAT scores. He has many college options as a result of the great education he received there since first grade.
- Posted by Parent - dgrin
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.