- Tampa Preparatory School is a coeducational college preparatory school for students in grades 6 " 12.
- Our educational philosophy instills values of fairness, decency, honor, diligence and academic curiosity.
- As students discover their unique identities, they are enriched by a variety of fine and performing arts courses.
- Athletics and extracurricular activities provide additional opportunities for growth and expression.
- Tampa Preparatory School has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School twice: for 2014-2016 and 2016-18 school years.
- Challenging academics include opportunities for focused concentration in STEM, Arts and Global Studies.
- Our focus extends beyond typical college preparation to provide a preparation for life with a higher purpose than self.
- Our belief in a well-rounded education is reflected in our mission: A place to think, create, be yourself, aspire to excellence and go beyond.
- Our faculty members are role models who include these tenets in their teaching and in their lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||647 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Art Portfolio, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language, AP Government & Politics, AP Latin, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP US History, AP World History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress code includes collared shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||Our NEED-BASED GRANTS provide assistance for students whose families may not have the means to cover the cost of tuition. Visit www.tampaprep.org/tuition for details.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,880|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||W. Dennis Facciolo|
|Admissions Associate||Tammy D. Honegger|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Our beautiful campus is located across the Hillsborough River from downtown Tampa and includes state-of-the-art facilities for students.
- Recently renovated classrooms feature Active Learning Environments (ALEs) customizable spaces that enhance student collaboration and creativity. Complete with green screens, Redcat sound system and ergonomic furniture, students can lead class discussions, present their work on various displays and work together or individually all in one space.
- WiFi is available throughout the entire campus in conjunction with our iPad one-to-one program. Learn more about ALEs at www.tampaprep.org/academics/ale.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TampaGrades: 9-12 | 720 students
4630 N Rome Ave
Tampa, FL 33603
TampaGrades: NS-12 | 917 students
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
4811 Kelly Road
Tampa, FL 33615
TampaGrades: PK-12 | 367 students
300 E Sligh Ave
Tampa, FL 33604
Temple TerraceGrades: PK-8 | 169 students
7032 Temple Terrace Hwy
Temple Terrace, FL 33637