Grades: PK-8 | 41 students
- The mission of Tappahannock Junior Academy, established in 1966, is to provide spiritual, emotional, physical, social and intellectual learning with Jesus as the center.
- Education is offered for pre-kindergarten through tenth grade.
- The curriculum includes reading, science, math, music, art, spelling, computer, language arts, social studies, and physical education.
- After-school care is also provided for working parents.
- In addition, the school features an annual snow-skiing/snow-boarding program for students.
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Uniforms Required-no jacket required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$275|
- All new students admitted into Tappahannock Junior Academy must go through an interview with the Principal and take a placement test. The WRAT test is currently used for students in grades 1 - 10.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TappahannockGrades: 8-12 | 125 students
Po Box 158
Tappahannock, VA 22560
Millers TavernGrades: PK-8 | 167 students
Po Box 70
Millers Tavern, VA 23115
MontrossGrades: PK-7 | 28 students
2054 Neenah Rd
Montross, VA 22520
Colonial BeachGrades: 2-11 | 25 students
Po Box 208
Colonial Beach, VA 22443
AvenueGrades: PK-8 | 109 students
21335 Colton Point Road
Avenue, MD 20609
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.