Grades: PK-8 | 41 students
- The mission of Tappahannock Junior Academy, established in 1966, is to provide spiritual, emotional, physical, social and intellectual learning with Jesus as the center.
- Education is offered for pre-kindergarten through tenth grade.
- The curriculum includes reading, science, math, music, art, spelling, computer, language arts, social studies, and physical education.
- After-school care is also provided for working parents.
- In addition, the school features an annual snow-skiing/snow-boarding program for students.
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Uniforms Required-no jacket required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$275|
- All new students admitted into Tappahannock Junior Academy must go through an interview with the Principal and take a placement test. The WRAT test is currently used for students in grades 1 - 10.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TappahannockGrades: 8-12 | 125 students
Po Box 158
Tappahannock, VA 22560
Millers TavernGrades: PK-8 | 167 students
Po Box 70
Millers Tavern, VA 23115
MontrossGrades: PK-7 | 28 students
2054 Neenah Rd
Montross, VA 22520
Colonial BeachGrades: 2-11 | 25 students
Po Box 208
Colonial Beach, VA 22443
AvenueGrades: PK-8 | 109 students
21335 Colton Point Road
Avenue, MD 20609
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.